Legislators Say No To Driving Talking Law
- Verizon reminds N.Y. to go hands-free. // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p43
Deals with Verizon Wireless' reminders to its New York customers about the use of hands-free communications technology when talking and driving. Options given by the company to customers for complying with the hands-free law; Amount of fines facing customers who choose to ignore the law.
- State legislators try to find common ground on telematics, driving, safety. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p26
Focuses on the efforts of state legislators across the United States to find a common ground on the use of wireless devices while driving.
- Where's CTIA On Driving Issue? Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p1
Discusses the involvement of the company CTIA to the legislative efforts addressing the use of wireless phones while driving in the United States. Support of the company Verizon Wireless to the legislation; Information on the vote of Suffolk County, New York on its own bill; Request of New York...
- N.Y. drivers revert to old habits despite handheld ban. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p6
Reports on the results of a study by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety about the impact of a ban on the use of handheld mobile phones while driving in New York. Pattern of initial compliance with the law; Inconsistency of the enforcement of the ban.
- Throwing Truckers Under the Bus? An Evaluation of the Federal Ban on Hand-Held Mobile Telephone Use By Operators of Commercial Motor Vehicles. Potts, Brian C. // Transportation Law Journal;2014, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p33
The article focuses on the laws made for prohibiting the drivers of the commercial motor vehicles on using the mobile phones during driving. Topics discussed include laws made for regulating the penalties for violating the rules of driving a commercialized motor vehicle, laws made for using the...
- Beware of U.S. Comptroller, State Ins. regulators warned. Brostoff, Steve // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;3/4/96, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p2
States that the National Conference of State Legislator say that Comptroller of the Currency on banks-in-insurance are in for an awakening. Allegations made by Neal Osten, staff director with the Washington-based conference.
- Must reads. // State Legislatures;Jan98, Vol. 24 Issue 1, NCSL Inside p3
Lists publications from the National Conference of State Legislatures. Includes `Building Blocks: A Legislator's Guide to Child Care Policy'; `A Tax Handbook for Legislators'; `Major Health Care Policies: 50 State Profiles, 1997.'
- Focus on staff...Legislative Staff Coordinating Committee. // State Legislatures;Jan98, Vol. 24 Issue 1, NCSL Inside p3
Focuses on the Legislative Staff Coordinating Committee of the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL). Governing body for legislative staff activities at NCSL; Establishment of three task forces.
- NCSL's new health partnership. // State Legislatures;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 22 Issue 9, Inside NCSL p1
Reports that the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) has acquired the Intergovernmental Health Policy Project. Impact on NCSL's services to legislators and staff in the health care field; Components of project; Services already offered to state legislatures.