Informio Debuts SpeedMail 2.0
- Talking Instead Of Punching Tiny Little Keys. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p32
Reports on the Internet voice access and audio response service from Informio. Advantages of the Internet voice access; Cost of the service; Comments from Knox Bricken, analyst at the Yankee Group, on the voice/audio access to the Internet.
- Beyond E-Mail: Voice Web. Smetannikov, Max // Inter@ctive Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p56
Presents information on Informio company which aim to bring its business model to the market. Services offered by the company for the wireless market; Significant market for Informio's market; Challenge in providing an alternative method of providing the speech-to-text translation service. ...
- Informio: Back To The Basics. Bourrie, Sally Ruth // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p37
Offer a look at the nature of the business of Informio company in Lexington, Massachusetts. Details on the wireless Internet network launched; Comments from Don Picard, chief technology officer and co-founder; Information on the company's infrastructure.
- Informio to offer voice-enabled enterprise app as enhanced service. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p9
Reports on the establishment of the company Informio on June 19, 2000 with the goal of voice-enabling enterprise applications, either hosted at its data center or at the enterprise and providing wireless carriers access to these applications.
- E-mail: love it and lose it. McGowan, Kathy // Northern Ontario Business;Jul2000, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p9
Offers advice on how to minimize problems with electronic mail (e-mail) systems. Explanation of how e-mail systems work; Types of problems experienced in sending and receiving e-mail Capacity of telecommunications infrastructure in northern Ontario to handle volumes of e-mail; Distance as a...
- When emails turn bad. Baker, Glenn // New Zealand Management;Jun2002, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p69
Talks about the experience of receiving a large number of e-mails due to a poorly managed electronic mail-out. Description of the problem; Lessons learned from the experience.
- Filtering the email storm. Notess, Greg R. // Online;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p64
Describes several filtered electronic mails. Reason electronic mail has become popular; Benefits of filters; Set up of a filter.
- Shedding The 'Portal' Label. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p16
Discusses the move of voice technology companies to change their focus from providing wireless Internet portal services into hosting voice-enabling services. Factors prompting voice technology companies to shift their focus; Features of the SpeedMail product of Informio Inc.; Information on the...
- Superdistribution: putting the power of e-mail to work for you. Hlinko, John; Zilber, Jon // Public Relations Tactics;Nov98, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on the superdistribution of e-mails. Qualities that promote superdistribution; Differences from e-mail spams; Use of humor in superdistibuted messages; Tips in superdistribution of e-mails.