Metricom's Assets Auctioned Off
- Metricom suits up for national play. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;03/29/99, Vol. 236 Issue 13, p32
Provides information on some changes at Metricom, a mobile wireless data service provider. Information on Ricochet II, a network system; Services of Metricom; Partnership with NationsBanc Montgomery Securities.
- Wireless network's 2nd chance. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p1
Reports on Aerie Networks Inc.'s expansion of the wireless Ricochet network in Westchester County, New York. Development of the network by Metricom Inc.; Aerie president and chief executive officer Mort Aaronson's commitment to expanding the network within Westchester; Aerie's plan to redeploy...
- Internet access hits the road. // R&D Magazine;June97, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p94
Reports on the introduction of a wireless system that delivers internet, e-mail and online capabilities to laptop computers without a phone line or Ethernet connections. Use of microcell radios attached to the tops of light poles.
- Unwiring the netheads. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/25/96, Vol. 231 Issue 22, p34
Presents Metricom's global plans for its wireless data service. Corporate goal; Market niche in the wide-open wireless access to the Internet, corporate intranets, e-mail and other data applications; Composition of Metricom's network architecture; Corporate philosophy on development and adoption...
- Ricochet bounces into Westchester, region. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/12/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p6
Announces the plan of Metricom Inc. to expand its Ricochet wireless service into Westchester and metropolitan New York. Approvals gained by Metricom to install relays in New Rochelle and Pleasantville; Marketing strategy planned for the Ricochet service.
- Metricom offers affordable wireless net service. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, pI-5
Highlights Metricom Inc.'s offer of Ricochet wireless Internet services, affordable high-speed wireless mobile Internet access, in San Francisco Bay, Seattle and Washington D.C. Benefits of operating in an unlicensed spectrum; Operation of the net service; Deployment strategy; Balance of prices...
- Metricom targets travelers. // Telephony;06/02/97, Vol. 232 Issue 22, p242
Reports on Metricom Inc.'s expansion of its Ricochet wireless data network to major airports in the United States.
- Wireless network's fast, on-the-go access makes waves. Dipert, Brian // EDN;11/8/2001, Vol. 46 Issue 25, p49
Features the MicroCellular Data Network (MCDN) of Metricom Inc. Capabilities of the wireless networks; Specifications of the system; Use of 900-MHz band; Inclusion of modem per network client; Plans of Metricom.
- Speaking of wireless... // PC Week;4/17/95, Vol. 12 Issue 15, pN/1
Reports that Metricom will install shoe-box-sized radios on Palo Alto, Calif.'s streetlights to allow Ricochet wireless communication users to send and receive E-mail and access information sources such as America Online and the Internet.