CenturyTel Spurns Alltel's Embrace
- Long Negotiations May Become The Norm. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p13
Reports that the widening gap between what telecommunication carriers want for their properties and what buyers are willing to pay could well result in a period of prolonged negotiations. Factors that prolonged the negotiations between CenturyTel and Alltel; Reason most analysts consider...
- Alltel Rebrands In CenturyTel Markets. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p8
Deals with the rebranding campaign of Alltel Corp. following its acquisition of CenturyTel's wireless assets in the U.S.. Aim of the special promotions launched by Alltel; Range of telecommunication services that will be added to CenturyTel subscribers; Comments from Kevin Beeb, group president...
- Alltel jockeys for dominance. Bischoff, Glenn; Luna, Lynnette; Weber, Toby; Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;8/20/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p8
Deals with the takeover bid of telecommunication firm Alltel Corp. for CenturyTel Incorporated. Goal of AllTel's acquisition plans; Comments from Scott Ford, president and chief operating officer of AllTel; Outlook of Jeff Moore, senior analyst at Current Analysis on the consolidation; Other...
- CENTURYTEL SALE PORTENDS RURAL SHAKEUP. Parthenios, Amalia D. // Telephony;3/25/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 12, p8
Looks at the reason for the improved financial condition of CenturyTel and Alltel. Decision of Alltel to sell its wireless unit to CenturyTel; Status of the telecommunication industry; Expansion plan of Alltel.
- AEC ANNOUNCES TENDERS FOR 4G, DIGITAL OPERATOR. // Macedonian Business Monthly;Jul/Aug2012, Issue 120/121, p9
The article reports that the Agency for Electronic Communications (AEC) of Macedonia has announced tenders for allocation of radio-frequencies over use of 4G technologies and selection of digital system DVBT operator.
- Kosovo delays state telecom sale for third time. // Regional Today;01/29/2013, p3
The article reports on the decision of Kosovo to delay the bid deadline for its state telecommunications company for a third time until March 14, 2013, saying that interested buyers need more time to collect funding.
- FAST FACTS. // Interactive Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p32
Presents news relevant to companies in the telecommunication sector as of August 20, 2001. Severance paid by Lucent Technologies to the dismissed Chief Executive Richard McGinn after he failed to engineer a quick turnaround of the troubled company; Increase in the number of United States...
- Response to Turk Telecom tender slow. // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p24
Focuses on the tender offer for the sale of Turk Telecom's stake in Turkey. Chances of Turk Telecom to end the bid without an offer; Need for Turkish officials to choose between extending the tender deadline or to cancel the bid; Plans of the telecommunications board to award Turk Telecom the...
- Nextel Is High Flier In 800 MHz Auction. // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p6
Reports on the bid of Nextel Communications Inc. to acquire other major 800 megahertz SMR. Motivation for acquisition; Other bidders.