Not the Worst Of Distractions
- On the Phone, At Risk. Rulseh, Ted J. // Cleaner;Feb2008, p16
The author looks at multi-tasking as a necessity for the 21st century. Anything that helps in making things easier is welcome but also has its advantages especially with cell phone use. Even if sleepiness and reaching for a thing are more disruptive to driving, it adds up to most accidents since...
- Prevention is worth... Campbell, Stephen F. // Fleet Owner;Jun98, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p108
Talks about driver training programs for safe driving in the United States. Recommendation of prevention strategies by the National Safety Council and the American Trucking Associations' Safety Management Council; Establishment of driver safety meetings by trucking companies to review crashes...
- Digital billboards: yet another driver distraction. Werner, Dave // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/29/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 127, pA5
The article discusses the issue regarding electronic message billboards showing potential for driving accidents.
- Minor totals truck causing damage to elementary school awning. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/7/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 32, p3
The article reports that a truck driven by a minor has knocked down the awning of an elementary school in Grand Saline, Texas.
- DPS probes crash near Atascosa County line. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;8/20/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p10A
The article discusses accidents and recovery of two drivers at the Atascosa County line in Texas and mentions that the drivers Dorothea Kowper and Gabriel Gomez were taken to the Connally Memorial Medical Center in Floresville, Texas.
- Truck totaled on FM 933. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/3/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information on an automobile accident involving a Ford truck that took place on December 27, 2006 on the FM 933 route, Whitney, Texas.
- THIS MODERN WORLD. TOMORROW, TOM // Boise Weekly;11/16/2016, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p4
No abstract available.
- Inexperience causes more car crushes than age... // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jun95, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p7
Reports on Insurance Corp. of British Colombia study showing that a lack of driving experience was the most significant factor in car crashes. American Automobile Association's (AAA) call for the implementation of a nationwide graduated licensing programs for novice drivers; Effect of a...
- Path to Safety: Winter Weather. // Supply House Times;Nov2010, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p52
The article focuses on the risks from winter weather including frostbite, driving accidents, and hypothermia and two Toolbox Talks that offers techniques for addressing slippery roads.