An Unexpected Move
- BOTTLED MESSAGES. // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/22/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6382, p63
Telecommunications company America Online Inc.'s tens of millions of instant messaging (IM) users can now send messages to mobile handsets. There's no reason, aside from politicking and turf protection, that this system can't be extended across all IM systems and across the globe. Trouble is the...
- AOL To Tegic: We've Got Mail. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;12/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the services offered by America Online Inc. (AOL). Message of AOL Interactive Properties Group president Ted Leonsis for its subscribers; Purchase of Tegic Communications Inc. by AOL; Plans of Cisco and Sprint PCS for to launch Internet wireless strategies; Impacts of the AOL-Tegic...
- AOL, Microsoft get wireless. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p76
Discusses the competition between America Online Inc. (AOL) and Microsoft Corp. over wireless digital technology. Goals of America Online's merger with Time Warner Inc.; Agreements and strategic alliances forged by the competing companies; Description of AOL wireless services; Background on...
- Uneasy Convergence. Engebretson, Joan // America's Network;5/1/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p22
This article focuses on the internal competition between America Online Inc. and Time Warner Cable Inc. over the launch of voice over Internet Protocol by both companies to the market. Richard Parsons, the combined company's CEO and president, is trying to keep the internal house in order. With...
- WHAT'S HOT. // Caribbean Business;6/13/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p58
Presents news briefs related to telecommunication as of June 13, 2002. America Online Inc.'s creation of an online service to enhance communication between users and government representatives; Motorola's introduction of a wireless headset that incorporates Bluetooth technology.
- Youâ€™ve Got Radio. // Billboard;4/2/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 14, p35
Reports on the launching by America Online (AOL) of the mobile version of its Radio@AOL for wireless subscribers. Features of the mobile Radio@AOL.
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p20
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry in the United States as of March 15, 2001. Details on the efforts of 700MHz licenses owner Lowell Paxson to reach a collective agreement with the industry on transferring their spectrum; Agreement of VoiceStream to deliver the...
- In the news:. Enright, Allison // Marketing News;7/15/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p3
Presents news briefs related to telecommunication. Features of the new version of America Online; Update on the agreement being entered by NTT DoCoMo Inc. wherein mobile phones can be used as credit cards.
- AOL Mobile Messenger Expands Anywhere Strategy Into Wireless Space. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the decision of America Online Inc. to expand its Anywhere service through partnerships with wireless communication providers. Companies named as partners of AOL; Significance of the deals on the company's wireless growth.