Keep Campaign Donors Anonymous?
- Money Doesn't Buy Love--and Perhaps Not Most Elections. Richie, Rob; Hill, Steven // Humanist;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the campaign financing and the influence of money on elections. Best measures of money's impact according to the `Monopoly Politics', a comprehensive analysis of United States House elections; Close correlation between the presidential vote and party control; Key lesson for campaign...
- Marlinga tops Miller in Macomb spending. Strong, Michael; Ankeny, Robert; Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p6
Reports the gubernatorial race in the U.S. Lists of candidates; Money needed in the campaign; Finances of the election.
- Regulating Campaign Fundraising. // Supreme Court Debates;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p225
Introduces articles on a proposed campaign finance reform legislation, published in the November 2003 issue of 'Supreme Court Debates.'
- Campaign Finance Lawsuits. // Supreme Court Debates;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p229
Presents a summary of campaign finance-related lawsuits consolidated by the U.S. Supreme Court. National Rifle Association et al; Federal Election Commission et al; Republican National Committee et al.
- Congressional Campaign Spending and the Quality of Democracy. Coleman, John J.; Manna, Paul F. // Journal of Politics;Aug2000, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p757
Explores the impact of campaign finance on electoral outcomes. Overview on the uses of money; Discussion on campaign spending and public knowledge; Conclusion.
- Partisan Pork Barrel in Parliamentary Systems: Australian Constituency-Level Grants. Denemark, David // Journal of Politics;Aug2000, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p896
Presents information on a study which examined the distributive calculus of the Australian Labor government in apportioning millions of dollars of constituency-level grants in the weeks preceding the 1990 and 1993 Australian federal elections. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on...
- Area business leaders give big. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/02/98, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p3
Cites the political campaign contributions of Cleveland, Ohio-area business leaders in 1998. Philosophies involved when business executives give money to political campaigns, according to Charles McConville of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce; Contribution limit under the election finance reforms;...
- Misinformation surrounds Proposition B. Corrigan, Don // St. Louis Journalism Review;Nov2000, Vol. 30 Issue 231, p10
Focuses on the Missouri Fair Elections Initiative or Proposition B. Support for publicly funded elections; Provisions of the initiative; Opposition to Proposition B among incumbents in legislative races; Need for full financial disclosure; Imposition of campaign contribution limits.
- Justice for Sale? // Christian Science Monitor;7/25/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 168, p8
Editorial. Comments on campaign finance for judicial elections in the United States, and view that reforming the way elections are paid for is crucial to restoring public trust.