Keep Campaign Donors Anonymous?
- Money Doesn't Buy Love--and Perhaps Not Most Elections. Richie, Rob; Hill, Steven // Humanist;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the campaign financing and the influence of money on elections. Best measures of money's impact according to the `Monopoly Politics', a comprehensive analysis of United States House elections; Close correlation between the presidential vote and party control; Key lesson for campaign...
- Senate restores presidential election campaign fund. // Human Events;6/16/95, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p22
Reports on the passage by the United States Senate of a budget amendment restoring the presidential election campaign fund. Voting results; View of Republican opponents that the fund pays for fringe or nuisance presidential candidates.
- Campaign clutter. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;6/26/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p18
Reports on the funds of political parties for their gubernatorial campaigns in Puerto Rico. Increase of the money of gubernatorial candidates; Decrease of the timeframe to spend the campaign funds; Adjustment of political parties to changes in legislative decisions. INSET: The 'Fajardo System'.
- Marlinga tops Miller in Macomb spending. Strong, Michael; Ankeny, Robert; Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p6
Reports the gubernatorial race in the U.S. Lists of candidates; Money needed in the campaign; Finances of the election.
- Regulating Campaign Fundraising. // Supreme Court Debates;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p225
Introduces articles on a proposed campaign finance reform legislation, published in the November 2003 issue of 'Supreme Court Debates.'
- Campaign Finance Lawsuits. // Supreme Court Debates;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p229
Presents a summary of campaign finance-related lawsuits consolidated by the U.S. Supreme Court. National Rifle Association et al; Federal Election Commission et al; Republican National Committee et al.
- Board of Elections proposing changes in election management. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/04/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p31
Reports on the New York State Board of Elections' call on the Legislature to act on a package of proposals which include proposed changes to the election law that would make it easier to vote in New York and to allow complete public access to campaign spending. Proposals' aim to correct...
- Congressional Campaign Spending and the Quality of Democracy. Coleman, John J.; Manna, Paul F. // Journal of Politics;Aug2000, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p757
Explores the impact of campaign finance on electoral outcomes. Overview on the uses of money; Discussion on campaign spending and public knowledge; Conclusion.
- Partisan Pork Barrel in Parliamentary Systems: Australian Constituency-Level Grants. Denemark, David // Journal of Politics;Aug2000, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p896
Presents information on a study which examined the distributive calculus of the Australian Labor government in apportioning millions of dollars of constituency-level grants in the weeks preceding the 1990 and 1993 Australian federal elections. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on...