Seasonal variance of 25-(OH) vitamin D in the general population of Estonia, a Northern European country
- SYNERGETIC EFFECT OF VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENTATION FOR MUSCLE HEALTH OF WEIGHTLIFTERS IN PAKISTAN. Butt, Zafar Iqbal; Akhtar, Tanveer; Adnan, Muhammad Abdul Jabar; Saeed, Nauman // Science International;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p3311
The possible impact of vitamin D on skeletal muscle edifice and purpose is getting a lot of consideration on the premise of together elementary and clinical science research. Muscle strength and power production are the key factors for weightlifting. Copious concern is shown towards the...
- news notes. // Better Nutrition;Apr2005, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p14
This article reports that scientists have found that a popular bone-building drug added to vitamin D and calcium therapy for Crohn's disease was not beneficialâ€” but supplementation with just these nutrients alone improved bone density in Crohn's patients. It is also informed that the U.S....
- The latest word... ON THE NEWEST RESEARCH. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Aug2009, Issue 322, p106
The article offers information on various health studies. A research found a relationship between vitamin D levels and an increase chance of death for critically ill patients. Patients with high vitamin B blood levels have 51% chance of reduced risk of diagnosis with colorectal cancer. Another...
- vitamin D. EDELSTEIN, JULIA // Real Simple;Apr2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p50
The article presents questions and answers related to vitamin D such as, why so many people lack vitamin D, how much vitamin D one need, and vitamin D source from sun.
- Vitamin D and you. // Asian Pacific Post;6/30/2011, p5
The article offers tips on how to get the daily requirement for Vitamin D.
- calcitriol. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p338
An encyclopedia entry for "calcitriol," which refers to the active hormone form of vitamin D that promotes the calcium and phosphate absorption in the intestines is presented.
- Pattern of Vitamin D Status in Health and Disease. Bhuyan, Moni P. // Indian Journal of Pathology: Research & Practice;Jan-Jun2015, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p17
Background: A ten year old male child presented with altered behaviour, low intelligence quotient and skin lesions. The child also had respiratory discomfort and palpitations. On investigation, a cardiac rhabdomyoma was located and excised. The skin lesions were ash leaf macules, shagreen...
- To prevent fractures, find the right dose of vitamin D. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Jul2005, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p16
Discusses research being done on the importance of vitamin D supplementation to fracture prevention. Reference to a study by W. C. Willett et al, published in the 2005 issue of the "Journal of the American Medical Association"; Dose of vitamin D which is efficient in preventing fractures;...
- Calcium and vitamin D use among adults in periodontal disease maintenance programmes. Dixonq, D.; Hildebolt, C. F.; Miley, D. D.; Garcia, M. N.; Pilgram, T. K.; Couture, R.; Anderson Spearie, C.; Civitelli, R. // British Dental Journal;6/27/2009, Vol. 206 Issue 12, p627
Objectives To determine the level of calcium and vitamin D oral supplementation in patients in periodontal disease maintenance programmes.Design Convenience survey.Setting St. Louis Metropolitan region.Subjects and methods Patients (n = 228) in two university-based, periodontal disease...