Seasonal variance of 25-(OH) vitamin D in the general population of Estonia, a Northern European country
- news notes. // Better Nutrition;Apr2005, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p14
This article reports that scientists have found that a popular bone-building drug added to vitamin D and calcium therapy for Crohn's disease was not beneficialâ€” but supplementation with just these nutrients alone improved bone density in Crohn's patients. It is also informed that the U.S....
- The latest word... ON THE NEWEST RESEARCH. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Aug2009, Issue 322, p106
The article offers information on various health studies. A research found a relationship between vitamin D levels and an increase chance of death for critically ill patients. Patients with high vitamin B blood levels have 51% chance of reduced risk of diagnosis with colorectal cancer. Another...
- SYNERGETIC EFFECT OF VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENTATION FOR MUSCLE HEALTH OF WEIGHTLIFTERS IN PAKISTAN. Butt, Zafar Iqbal; Akhtar, Tanveer; Adnan, Muhammad Abdul Jabar; Saeed, Nauman // Science International;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p3311
The possible impact of vitamin D on skeletal muscle edifice and purpose is getting a lot of consideration on the premise of together elementary and clinical science research. Muscle strength and power production are the key factors for weightlifting. Copious concern is shown towards the...
- vitamin D. EDELSTEIN, JULIA // Real Simple;Apr2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p50
The article presents questions and answers related to vitamin D such as, why so many people lack vitamin D, how much vitamin D one need, and vitamin D source from sun.
- Vitamin D and you. // Asian Pacific Post;6/30/2011, p5
The article offers tips on how to get the daily requirement for Vitamin D.
- calcitriol. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p338
An encyclopedia entry for "calcitriol," which refers to the active hormone form of vitamin D that promotes the calcium and phosphate absorption in the intestines is presented.
- Pattern of Vitamin D Status in Health and Disease. Bhuyan, Moni P. // Indian Journal of Pathology: Research & Practice;Jan-Jun2015, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p17
Background: A ten year old male child presented with altered behaviour, low intelligence quotient and skin lesions. The child also had respiratory discomfort and palpitations. On investigation, a cardiac rhabdomyoma was located and excised. The skin lesions were ash leaf macules, shagreen...
- Effect of age, gender and calciotropic hormones on the relationship between vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and bone mineral density. Arabi, A.; Mahfoud, Z.; Zahed, L.; El-Onsi, L.; Fuleihan, G. El-Hajj // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Apr2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p383
Background/Objectives:Hypovitaminosis D is a major public health problem worldwide and unexpectedly more so in sunny countries. Vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene is associated with inter-individual variance in bone mineral density (BMD). Studies assessing the effect of VDR gene polymorphisms on BMD...
- R&D NEWS. // Dairy Field;Apr2006, Vol. 189 Issue 4, p54
The article reports on news developments related to dairy processors in the United States as of April 2006. The Sillikar Group Corp. has acquired the Clabo Group, a network of food testing and consulting laboratories in France. Four servings of dairy a day reduces the serious risks to pregnant...