Pathways into homelessness: recently homeless adults problems and service use before and after becoming homeless in Amsterdam
- MILLION-DOLLAR MURRAY. Gladwell, Malcolm // New Yorker;2/13/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p96
The article discusses issues concerning homelessness in the U.S. In the nineteen-eighties, when homelessness first surfaced as a national issue, the assumption was that the problem fit a normal distribution, that the vast majority of the homeless were in the same state of semi-permanent...
- Outreach Work in Paris: A Moral Ethnography of Social Work and Nursing with Homeless People. Cefaï, Daniel // Human Studies;Mar2015, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p137
How do we take care of homeless people? A field study with a humanitarian NGO, the Samusocial de Paris, France, gave the author the opportunity to observe nursing and social work with homeless people. The first part of the article recounts how the public problem of ' grande exclusion' emerged in...
- Well-child screening for homeless children. Percy, Phyllis D. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p167
Presents details of a project that will provide a preventive health program to homeless children living in shelters, the Harris County Hospital District-Health Care to the Homeless Program (HCHD-HCHP). Objectives; Well-child screening program (WCSP); Budget; More.
- OPPATH: Orleans parish project to assist in transition from homelessness. Markiles, Eve; Kerrigan, Deanna // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p167
Presents a proposal for a project that is a collaborative effort of State and city agencies, community-based service centers, and health care providers, OPPATH (Orleans Parish Project to Assist in Transition from Homelessness). Children as fastest growing segment of homeless persons; What...
- Making a difference for homeless patients. Hunter, Juanita K.; Anderson, David // RN;Dec92, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p48
Discusses problems in identifying the health-care needs of homeless patients upon presentation. How inaccurate stereotypes and prejudices hamper patient assessment; Conducting productive patient interview; What to include in the health assessment; Three basic question to ask a homeless patient;...
- Continuing education test `Making a difference for homeless patients'. O'Toole, Marie; Waldman, Anne R. // RN;Dec92, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p54
Presents an open-book self-test on the problems of assessment and diagnosis of homeless patients.
- Health care for homeless. // Nation's Health;Jul96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the completion of a two-year study of the Bureau of Primary Care's Health Care for the Homeless Program. Availability of copies of the executive summary of the study; Order information.
- Overcoming apathy to the single homeless. Beecham, Linda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/10/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6649, p642
Reports the obstacles to providing appropriate health care for single homeless people in Great Britain. Campaign to combat prejudice in the medical and welfare professions; Differences in the treatment of black and white homeless men; Recommendations for family practitioner committees.
- Patient care and professional staffing patterns at McKinney Act clinics providing primary care... Doblin, B.H.; Gelberg, L. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/5/92, Vol. 267 Issue 5, p698
Describes the patient care and staffing patterns of the 157 clinics that receive federal funding to provide care for the homeless. Concludes that current financial constraints may be impeding the ability of clinics serving the homeless to ensureadequate access to high quality care. Methods;...