Performance of two questionnaires to measure treatment adherence in patients with Type-2 diabetes
- Canagliflozin - Beginning of the journey. Pandey, Sunil Kumar; Dass, Deepanjana // Journal of Pharmacy & Bioallied Sciences;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p132
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the approval of Canagliflozin as treatment for type two diabetes mellitus.
- National Diabetes Month, 2013. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;11/5/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 214, p66613
The article presents presidential documents on National Diabetes Month, 2013. It states that this month, U.S. administration combating this chronic, life-threatening illness by standing with those living with diabetes. It further mentions that administration supporting Americans living with...
- Actos. Trecroci, Daniel // Diabetes Health;Oct2005, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p25
Evaluates oral agent Actos for type 2 diabetes patients. Mechanism of action; Effect on blood glucose; Instruction in taking the agent.
- Supplement support for glucose stability. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Nov2008, Issue 313, p168
The article lists several nutritional supplements that can help regulate blood sugar levels, including chromium, conjugated linoleic acid and Chia seed.
- Nurse-Community Health Worker Team Improves Diabetes Care in American Samoa. DEPUE, JUDITH D.; DUNSIGER, SHIRA; SEIDEN, ANDREW D.; BLUME, JEFFREY; ROSEN, ROCHELLE K.; GOLDSTEIN, MICHAEL G.; NU'USOLIA, OFEIRA; TUITELE, JOHN; MCGARVEY, STEPHEN T. // Diabetes Care;Jul2013, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1947
OBJECTIVE--To evaluate the effectiveness of a culturally adapted, primary care-based nurse-community health worker (CHW) team intervention to support diabetes self-management on diabetes control and other biologic measures. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS--Two hundred sixty-eight Samoan participants...
- Single Insulin-Specific CD8+ T Cells Show Characteristic Gene Expression Profiles in Human Type 1 Diabetes. Luce, Sandrine; Lemonnier, François; Briand, Jean-Paul; Coste, Joel; Lahlou, Najiba; Muller, Sylviane; Larger, Etienne; Rocha, Benedita; Mallone, Roberto; Boitard, Christian // Diabetes;Dec2011, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p3289
OBJECTIVE--Both the early steps and the high recurrence of autoimmunity once the disease is established are unexplained in human type 1 diabetes. Because CD8+ T cells are central and insulin is a key autoantigen in the disease process, our objective was to characterize HLA class I--restricted...
- COMPLICATIONS OF DIABETES -- NEPHROPATHY. // Current Medical Literature: Diabetes;2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p15
Presents citations and clinician's notes about complications of diabetic nephropathy. Sustained effect of intensive treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus on development and progression of diabetic nephropathy; Association of diabetic nephropathy with low-grade inflammation in type 1 diabetic...
- Improving Efficacy of Diabetes Management Using Treatment Algorithms in a Mainly Hispanic Population. Fanning, Etta L.; Selwyn, Beatrice J.; Larme, Anne C.; DeFronzo, Ralph A. // Diabetes Care;Jul2004, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p1638
OBJECTIVE â€” To compare clinical outcomes obtained using treatment algorithms versus standard "usual care" to treat patients with type 2 diabetes in a community setting. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS â€” An observational group comparison was implemented in three community-based clinics...
- Empowerment and Self-Management of Diabetes. Funnell, Martha M.; Anderson, Robert M. // Clinical Diabetes;Summer2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p123
Discusses the proper management of diabetes to achieve optimal outcomes and prevent further complications. Models of care and education; Overview of behavior-change protocol; Practice design for empowerment and self-management; Information on challenges faced by health professionals in shifting...