The effect of health and nutrition education intervention on women's postpartum beliefs and practices: a randomized controlled trial
- An Observational Study of Nutrition and Physical Activity Behaviours, Knowledge, and Advice in Pregnancy. de Jersey, Susan; Nicholson, Jan; Callaway, Leonie // Inside Childbirth Education;Jun2013, p2
The article focuses on a study that examined nutrition and physical activity behaviors, knowledge of healthy and overweight women in Australia. Findings of the study suggested that healthy and overweight women had similar levels of knowledge, behavior; less than half the women got sufficient...
- The Impact of Nutrition Education Interventions on the Dietary Habits of College Students in Developed Nations: A Brief Review. Lin, Lua Pei; Dali, Wan Putri Elena Wan // Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences;Jan2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p4
The purpose of this review is to provide a summary of studies on the effectiveness nutrition education interventions used by college students. Electronic databases such as Medline, Science Direct, CINAHL (EBSCOhost), and Google Scholar were explored for articles that involved nutrition education...
- The Impact of a Multicomponent School- based Program on Fruit and Vegetable Selection from School Salad Bars among K-6 Grade Students. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul/Aug2012 Supplement, Vol. 44 Issue 4S1, pS75
No abstract available.
- Preliminary Results From the First Year of Intervention for the NiÃ±os Sanos, Familia Sana (NSFS) Study. Sadeghi, Banafsheh; de la Torre, A.; Martinez, L.; Muñoz Gomez, M.; Tseregounis, I.; Schaefer, S.; Aguilera, A.; Gomez-Camacho, R. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul2015 Supplement, Vol. 47 Issue 4, pS95
An abstract of the article "Preliminary Results From the First Year of Intervention for the NiÃ±os Sanos, Familia Sana (NSFS) Study" by Banafsheh Sadeghi et al. is presented.
- A qualitative study of beliefs about food relating to child nutrition in the Lower Jimi Valley. Keeble, Jessica; Keeble, Richard // Papua New Guinea Medical Journal;2006, Vol. 49 Issue 3/4, p162
A previous study that we carried out confirmed that malnutrition is a problem amongst the young child population in the Lower Jimi Valley. This study begins to explore the cultural and traditional food beliefs in order to target the interventions of health services in reducing childhood...
- The Effect of Nutrition Education on Nutritional Behaviors in Pregnant Women. Mirmolaei, S. T.; Moshrefi, M.; Kazemnejad, A.; Farivar, F.; Morteza, H. // HAYAT;2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p35
Background & Objective: Prenatal period is a unique opportunity to assist the women to adopt healthy behaviors. The nutritional behaviors of pregnant women affect not only their own health but also the fetal growth and development. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of...
- Assessing and reporting heterogeneity in treatment effects in clinical trials: a proposal. Kent, David M.; Rothwell, Peter M.; Ioannidis, John P. A.; Altman, Doug G.; Hayward, Rodney A. // Trials;2010, Vol. 11, p85
Mounting evidence suggests that there is frequently considerable variation in the risk of the outcome of interest in clinical trial populations. These differences in risk will often cause clinically important heterogeneity in treatment effects (HTE) across the trial population, such that the...
- A randomised controlled trial to evaluate the efficacy of a 6 month dietary and physical activity intervention for prostate cancer patients receiving androgen deprivation therapy. Haseen, Farhana; Murray, Liam J.; O'Neill, Roisin F.; O'Sullivan, Joe M.; Cantwell, Marie M. // Trials;2010, Vol. 11, p86
Background: Treatment with Androgen Deprivation Therapy (ADT) for prostate cancer is associated with changes in body composition including increased fat and decreased lean mass; increased fatigue, and a reduction in quality of life. No study to date has evaluated the effect of dietary and...
- Pilot Intervention with Adolescents to Increase Knowledge and Consumption of Folate-rich Foods. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul/Aug2012 Supplement, Vol. 44 Issue 4S1, pS13
No abstract available.