Enforcement of underage sales laws as a predictor of daily smoking among adolescents: a national study
- Smoking and Passive Smoke Exposure Among Adolescents in Germany. Kuntz, Benjamin; Lampert, Thomas // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;1/22/2016, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p23
Background: Children and adolescents are the most important target group for smoking prevention and non-smoker protection measures (smoke-free legislation). In this article, we discuss trends over time and differences between social groups with regard to smoking and passive smoke exposure among...
- Efficacy of smoking prevention program 'Smoke-free Kids': study protocol of a randomized controlled trial. Hiemstra, Marieke; Ringlever, Linda; Otten, Roy; Jackson, Christine; van Schayck, Onno C. P.; Engels, Rutger C. M. E. // BMC Public Health;2009, Vol. 9, p477
Background: A strong increase in smoking is noted especially among adolescents. In the Netherlands, about 5% of all 10-year olds, 25% of all 13-year olds and 62% of all 17-year olds report ever smoking. In the U.S., an intervention program called "Smoke-free Kids" was developed to prevent...
- Secondhand Smoke Exposure and Maternal Action to Protect Children from Secondhand Smoke: Pre- and Post-Smokefree Legislation in Hong Kong. Chan, Sophia Siu Chee; Cheung, Yee Tak Derek; Leung, Doris Yin Ping; Mak, Yim Wah; Leung, Gabriel M.; Lam, Tai Hing // PLoS ONE;Aug2014, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p1
Background: Smokefree legislation may protect children from secondhand smoke (SHS) in the home from smoking parent(s). We examined the effect of the 2007 smokefree legislation on childrenâ€™s exposure to SHS in the home and maternal action to protect children from SHS exposure in Hong Kong....
- Imperial Tobacco fails to block ban on displays. Christie, Bryan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;2/11/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7843, p5
The article reports that Imperial Tobacco Co. has failed to prevent the implementation of ban on open cigarette displays in shops and vending machines in Scotland.
- Tobacco settlement has impact. // Journal of Property Management;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p6
Discusses several provisions contained in the Universal Tobacco Settlement Act in the United States. Adoption of smoke-free policy in workplaces; Responsible officials in the policy enforcement; Establishments affected by the tobacco settlement act.
- KOSOVO: NEW TOBACCO CONTROL LAW WITH WORLD'S STRONGEST PROTECTION UNDER FCTC ARTICLE 5.3. // Tobacco Control;Jul2013, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p221
The article offers information on the introduction of a comprehensive tobacco control law in Kosovo. It states it has the highest prevalence of female smoking and the level of youth smoking is also high. The law would provide protections against tobacco industry interference in the world, based...
- RUSSIA: NEW TOBACCO CONTROL LAW SIGNED. Simpson, David // Tobacco Control;May2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p181
The article discusses a tobacco control law by the Russian President Vladimir Putin on 25th February 2013.
- HUNGARY: STATE LICENSING FOR TOBACCO OUTLETS. Caceres, Luis; Chaiton, Michael // Tobacco Control;Sep2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p292
The article reports on the law introduced by the government of Hungary to reduce youth smoking that will limit the distribution of tobacco products nationwide to government-licensed or a designated retail outlets network.
- Roxon travels with tough stance on tobacco. // Lamp;Oct2013, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p11
The article reports the move by former Australian Attorney-General Nicola Roxon as of October 2013 to travel around Canada to spread her opinion on "plain packaging" for cigarettes.