Wood takes on take-home
- Fish 'n' ships 'n' ad space. Hume, Scott // Advertising Age;6/29/92, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p4
Reports that fast-food chain Long John Silver's has signed a multiyear contract with Adams/Bloomfield Associates that will turn the restaurants into a new ad medium. 7-by-7-inch cards on tables promoting outside advertisers' products and services. How this developed; Temerlin McClain handles...
- Is fat your foe? Drake, Geoff // Bicycling;Apr93, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p46
Presents details of a diet from Barry Sears, PhD, endocrinologist and researcher who helped develop the Bio/Syn energy bar. Advocates a 40/30/30 diet (40 percent carbo, 30 percent protein, 30 percent fat); Claims that his diet produces weight loss; Tunes fat engine by regulating insulin;...
- Life in the fat lane. // Current Health 2;Oct97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
Presents information on the food habits of Americans. Information on the fastest growing food in the United States; Figures on various fast foods.
- Salsa is hot! // Current Health 1;Dec92, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p2
Reports that salsa, a tomato-pepper sauce used in Mexican dishes, is now Americans' favorite condiment, outselling ketchup. Definition of a condiment; Fresher taste than ketchup; Popularity of ethnic and low-fat, low-salt foods.
- Fast food fare and nutrition. Roberts, C. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec89, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p30
Rates fast foods based on nutritional recommendations issued by government agencies. Fat content; Sodium; Nutrient density; Nutritional effect of fast foods; Recommendations for restaurants.
- The hidden costs of convenience. Godfrey, J. // Environmental Nutrition;Apr92, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Offers a look at how convenience foods have hidden costs. Environmental costs; Nutritional costs; Economic costs; Personal costs; No one is in the kitchen; He versus she approach to agriculture.
- The proof is in the (low-fat, fat-free and sugar-free) pudding. Lepke, Janet // Environmental Nutrition;Jun93, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p5
Provides tips for selecting and preparing pudding mixes. Fat content; Omission of cholesterol information in labels.
- McLean burger: Hope or hype? Kleiner, S.M. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Jan1992, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p6
Questions what the actual health benefits of McDonald's McLean Deluxe burger really are. What's in it; Taste; Fat in grams; Total calories; Percent of fat calories; Making the choice.
- Is fast food hazardous? // Executive Health's Good Health Report;May92, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p1
Presents the results of a controversial study from Sweden reported in the `Medical Tribune' which showed that those who ate fast food at least twice a week we re over three times more likely to develop Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis. Description of the diseases; Sugar intake and Crohn's...