Trends in teen pregnancy rates from 1996-2006: A comparison of Canada, Sweden, U.S.A., and England/Wales
- Pregnancy impacts lives more than one may think. Haimowitz, Jennifer // Pipe Dream;12/ 8/2009, Vol. 76 Issue 24, p7
In this article, the author reflects on the impact of teenage pregnancy on the lives of young girls and their family members.
- Helping adolescents prevent unintended pregnancy. Jenkins, Renee R.; Raine, Tina // Contemporary Pediatrics;May2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p75
Encourages teenagers to use contraceptive services to prevent unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. Factors which influenced contraceptive choices and options; Elements to consider; Stages of contraceptive readiness in teenagers.
- Abortion Trends in 1987 And 1988: Age and Race. Henshaw, Stanley K. // Family Planning Perspectives;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p85
The article presents numbers, percentage distributions, rates and ratios of abortion patients of the United States, with respect to their age and race. The periodic surveys by The Alan Guttmacher Institute of all abortion providers in the United States reveal about the differences that exist...
- Wide Distribution of Contraceptives Advocated. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;12/17/1986, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on a recommendation by the National Research Council for the wide distribution of contraceptives to male and female teenagers in the U.S. The recommendation was made after the government has become concerned with escalating unwanted pregnancies. The panel of scientists also...
- NEW REPORT: Teen birth rates continue to decline. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Oct2014, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p32
The article reports on the continued decrease of birth rates of teenagers in the U.S. According to the data from the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), the birth rates of teenagers in the country continue to drop at dramatic rates but they are still higher as compared to the other...
- Teens Now Less Likely to Have Second Baby, New Study Shows. Smith, Sandra S. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun99, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p282
Focuses on the study `Declines in Teenage Birth Rates, 1991-1997: National and State Patterns.' Findings of the study.
- Birthrate down for teenage mothers. // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p13
Cites `American Demographics' journal's report on the decline in the birthrate for teenage mothers in the United States in 1995. Teen birth rates according to race.
- Teen birth rate rises for first time in 14 years. // Patient Education Management;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p42
The article reports that data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revealed growth in teen birth rate in the U.S. in 14 years.
- Surprise! Teen birth rate hits record low. // Contemporary Sexuality;Feb2011, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p8
This article reports on declining birth rates among U.S. teenagers in 2010.