- The Art Market. Berman, Ann E.; Behbehani, Mandy; Stern, Ellen // Town & Country;Feb99, Vol. 153 Issue 5225, p52
Focuses on the wristwatches made in Switzerland. Effect of rumor that Swiss watchmaking firms will stop the manufacture of mechanical wristwatches on demand; Cost of vintage watches made between 1915 and 1980; Names of expensive brand name wristwatches.
- THE STONE COLD TIME. AUSTIN, STEVE // Men's Fitness;Oct2012, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p40
The article offers watch-related information such as the options for getting an awesome watch for men without spending a fortune, type of watch that the author preferred, and his favorite classic models of watches such as the Luminox Field 1827 and Panerai Luminor 1950 8 Days.
- Japan's Watchmakers Focus on 'The Bright Spot.' Shuster, William George // JCK;Apr2001, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p118
Reports the interest of Japanese watch makers on the consumer trends of the United States. Reasons for the interest; Strategies employed by companies to attract consumers; Promotion of a stylish image.
- Luxury Watches Post Good Results in 2005. // JCK;Jan2006, Vol. 177 Issue 1, p58
The article reports on the sales of luxury watches that posed good results in the year 2005 in France. Among those luxury watchmaker companies that had gained an increased in sales were the following, the French HermÃ©s Group, FrÃ©dÃ©rique Constant company and the Richmont Group's watch...
- The Movements. // Esquire;Nov2007, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p86
The article presents information on the mechanisms known as movements which are used in the construction of luxury men's wristwatches, focusing on aspects such as the power reserve of a manually wound movement, the reputation of the manufacturer and the perpetual calendar option, which adds a...
- High-tech watches leap into future. Meadus, Amanda // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/8/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 26, p8
Reports on technological innovations in wristwatches. Swatch's wristwatch pager, Swatch the Beep; Seiko's pager watch, MessageWatch; Ability of Citizen's sports watch to download diving data into a computer; Popularity of functional watches.
- The big time. // Self;Oct2001, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p132
Looks at a variety of sports wrist watches innovations.
- More than just time. Vizard, Frank // Popular Mechanics;Nov94, Vol. 171 Issue 11, p43
Looks at several wrist watches that have advanced capabilities. Timex's Data Link; MicroTalk's TeleWatch cordless phone; Display of weather condition; Use in telecommunication.
- TIME TRIALS. Flint, Jessica // Cincinnati Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p22
The article discusses watch repairs. Since time doesn't stop ticking when your timepiece does, head downtown to family-run Richter & Phillips Company to work through your wristwatch woes. Of course, highbrow watches can be sent to watch-brand service centers, but Richter & Phillips's friendly...