MARKETING BY NUMBERS
- THE NEW AUTHORITY. Ryan, Tom // SGB;May/Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p14
The article offers information on Sports Authority Inc., its new management, and its strategies to establish itself in sporting goods retailers market. It states that the company started investments in human resource, capital, and processes. As stated by David Campisi, president of the company,...
- THE QUEST FOR NEW CONCEPTS. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p42
The article states that sporting goods companies are launching new concept stores to attract more and more consumers. Details of newly launched S.A. Elite store by Sports Authority Inc. at the Cherry Creek Shopping Center in Denver are given. It is stated that store will have boutiques for Nike,...
- The Sports Authority, Inc. // Sports Authority SWOT Analysis;Apr2012, p1
A company profile of American sporting goods retailer The Sports Authority Inc. is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A business analysis is provided which includes strengths, weaknesses,...
- Tough times allow for little profit. // Discount Store News;8/9/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p63
Details the performance of the sporting goods industry in the United States in 1998. Issue facing sporting goods stores; Factors that contributed to the industry's dilemma; Restructuring plan adopted by Marty Hanaka, chief executive officer of the Sports Authority.
- Maintaining Authority. Stankevich, Debby Garbato // Retail Merchandiser;Apr2002, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p39
Provides information on Sports Authority, a sporting goods chain in the U.S. Preparations made by the chain for its expansion in the country; Details on the management strategies of the chain; Factors behind the improving sales of the chain, as of April 2002.
- Sports Authority lands in Hawaii. // Discount Store News;8/16/93, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the opening of the first category killer sporting goods stores of Sports Authority in Waipahu, Hawaii. Includes other store openings; Danvers, Massachusetts; Massapequa Park and Westbury, New York; Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- The Sports Authority lengthens its lead. // Discount Store News;6/23/97, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on The Sports Authority (TSA) plans to accelerate growth and plans to widen the gap between itself and other competitors. Plans to maintain leadership position; What TSA's shopper program can provide; Focus of the company to improve its operation.
- RÃ©actions en termes de marketing mix des pionniers aux nouvelles entrÃ©es dans diffÃ©rentes structures de jeu concurrentiel : alayse thÃ©]orique et illustration empirique. Shankar, Ventakesh // Recherche et Applications en Marketing (AFM c/o ESCP-EAP);1999, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p81
Pioneers' marketing mix reactions to new entries are recognized as important determinants of the outcome of pioneer-late mover competition, particularly in price-inelastic markets such as those for pharmaceuticals, cigarettes, and luxury goods. The results can guide managers on how factors such...
- COCA-COLA HERALDS THE ARRIVAL OF CHRISTMAS. // Checkout;Nov2008, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p116
The article reports on the growth experience by Coca-Cola during the holiday season in Europe. The company garnered a positive growth and plans to invest 1.5 million for the 2008 Christmas marketing campaign effective November 17, 2008. The company's famous soundtrack "Holidays are Coming" will...