THE NEW AUTHORITY
- MARKETING BY NUMBERS. Ryan, Tom // SGB;May/Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses the marketing strategies of Sports Authority Inc. to position itself in the sports goods industry. According to a report on consumer insights by McKinsey & Co. it needs to redevelop its marketing mix and media strategies to grow in sporting goods retail trade. According to...
- Sport Authority swinng for the fances. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;10/24/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 20, p4
This article focuses on the progress being made at Sports Authority Inc., the largest sporting goods chain in the U.S. The company's president David Campisi said that they have made improvements in operations, merchandising, supply chain management and financial performance. The company has...
- The Sports Authority, Inc. // Sports Authority SWOT Analysis;Apr2012, p1
A company profile of American sporting goods retailer The Sports Authority Inc. is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A business analysis is provided which includes strengths, weaknesses,...
- Sports Authority Prez Ups Footwear Stake. Newman, Eric // FN: Footwear News;11/14/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 45, p2
Reports on the efforts of David Campisi, president of Sports Authority, to increase the share of premium footwear of the company. Outlook for the growth of the footwear industry; Evaluation of the buy-one-get-one-free promotions conducted by the company; Improvements made in the company's...
- TSA Appoints Campisi as President. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Oct2005, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the promotion of David Campisi to president of the Sports Authority. Career highlights; Duties and responsibilities; Contributions of Campisi to the company.
- Tough times allow for little profit. // Discount Store News;8/9/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p63
Details the performance of the sporting goods industry in the United States in 1998. Issue facing sporting goods stores; Factors that contributed to the industry's dilemma; Restructuring plan adopted by Marty Hanaka, chief executive officer of the Sports Authority.
- Maintaining Authority. Stankevich, Debby Garbato // Retail Merchandiser;Apr2002, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p39
Provides information on Sports Authority, a sporting goods chain in the U.S. Preparations made by the chain for its expansion in the country; Details on the management strategies of the chain; Factors behind the improving sales of the chain, as of April 2002.
- Sports Authority lands in Hawaii. // Discount Store News;8/16/93, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the opening of the first category killer sporting goods stores of Sports Authority in Waipahu, Hawaii. Includes other store openings; Danvers, Massachusetts; Massapequa Park and Westbury, New York; Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- The Sports Authority lengthens its lead. // Discount Store News;6/23/97, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on The Sports Authority (TSA) plans to accelerate growth and plans to widen the gap between itself and other competitors. Plans to maintain leadership position; What TSA's shopper program can provide; Focus of the company to improve its operation.