INDUSTRY VENDORS BOOST MARGINS AND PROFITS IN Q4
- THE ROAD TO RECOVERY. // SGB;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on the optimistic outlook of executives on the sporting good industry as the economic recovers in 2010 in the U.S. Craig Levra, the chief executive officer (CEO) of Sport Chalet, expects that customers will respond to the introduction of new technology and designed...
- Some non-business books contain principles that apply to challenges found in business. Chepesiuk, Ron // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p12
An interview with chief executive officer (CEO) Craig Levra of Sport Chalet Inc. in the U.S. is presented. When asked what business books he reads, he refers to the "Deep Survival, Who Lives, Who Dies and Why," by Laurence Gonzales. Levra states that the books offers dozen things that survivor...
- Sporting goods retailer to enter Utah market with West Jordan store. Taylor, Debbi // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/12/2007, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p1
The article reports that California-based Sport Chalet will set up its first Utah store in the Jordan Landing shopping center in West Jordan in 2007. Sport Chalet chief executive officer Craig Levra says that Utah is a very good family market with so many children and the state's economic growth...
- Sport Chalet Optimizes Buys. Ryan, Thomas J. // Apparel Magazine;Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p16
The article looks at the merchandise planning and allocation solution from SAS implemented by Sport Chalet Inc., a Southern California retailer of specialty sports equipment. Specifically, Sport Chalet utilizes Merchandise Planning, In season Management, Performance Analysis and Allocation. The...
- Sport Chalet expands into Valley. Rodriguez, Adrian // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/12/2004, Issue 323321, p3
Reports on the plan of Sport Chalet Inc. to expand into the Central Valley area in California. Citation of increased profits for the retailer; Emphasis on offering value-added services; Focus on expanding and renewing the brand.
- SPORT CHALET FIGHTS BACK IN A TOUGH ECONOMY. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p30
The article reports that Sport Chalet Inc. has stabilized its business and is preparing for growth and profitability. Craig Levra, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) says that the part of the top-line progress reflects in technology and marketing to understand customer and merchandise...
- High-Performance Achievements. Clark, Ken // Chain Store Age;Nov2002, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p37
Presents information on sporting-goods retail chain Sport Chalet in the U.S. Marketing strategy of the store; Sales posted by the company from 1996 to 2001; Comparison of the sales performance of Sport Chalet with other sporting-goods retailer in 2002. INSETS: Staying Power;What Makes a High...
- Partner with suppliers, retailers. Black, Elliott // Crain's Chicago Business;01/08/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, pSB9
Offers advice on how outdoor product retailer, Active Endeavor LLC, can improve its corporate growth and sustain its retail success. Necessity of maintaining good relationships with suppliers; Niche marketing strategy; Commitment to a management development program for staff.
- Economic climate sidelines sporting goods chains' growth. Halverson, Richard // Discount Store News;2/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the signs of tough times for the sporting goods retailing in the United States. Closure of 80 conventional stores of Oshman's Sporting Goods Inc.; Quarterly losses of Sport Chalet; Closure of two stores of Sportmart Inc.