Go4it; study design of a randomised controlled trial and economic evaluation of a multidisciplinary group intervention for obese adolescents for prevention of diabetes mellitus type 2
- Possibilities for prevention. Rafkin, Lisa // Countdown;Summer98, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the Diabetes Prevention Trial-Type 1 (DPT-1), a randomized clinical trial conducted in the United States designed to determine whether it is possible to prevent or delay the onset of Type 1 diabetes. Sponsors of the trials; Eligible participants in the insulin injection trial.
- Are Diabetes Prevention Treat-ments Truly Disease Modifying? // Internal Medicine Alert;Aug2011 Clinical Briefs in Primary, p16
The article reports on the Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation trial that aims to reduce conversion from pre-diabetes to type 2 diabetes (DM2).
- Prevention trial for Type I diabetes. // Diabetes Forecast;Sep95, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p77
Calls for participants to a study launched by the National Institutes of Health to test whether daily insulin injections will prevent diabetes. Genetic risks of developing type I diabetes; Eligible participants; Steps on how to participate.
- Prevention of Diabetes. // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Sep2012 Clinical Briefs in Primary Care, p18
The article discusses the clinical trials of various drugs such as metformin and thiazolidinedione for the prevention of diabetes.
- Interferon Alpha Can Delay Full Onset of Type 1 Diabetes. // Diabetes Health;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p38
The article reports on a phase II clinical trial performed at the University of Texas Medical School which revealed that a low dose of oral interferon alpha can delay the full onset of type 1 diabetes.
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes. Narayan, K M Venkat; Bowman, Barbara A; Engelgau, Michael E // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/14/2001, Vol. 323 Issue 7304, p63
Editorial. Discusses a randomised controlled clinical trial in Finland which studied prevention of type two diabetes. Behavioural and environmental factors which have been linked to type two diabetes, such as overweight, physical inactivity, and dietary habits; Conclusion of the report that...
- TRIGR: First ever trial for the primary prevention of T1D. // Diabetes Digest;2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p141
The article discusses a Trial to Reduce IDDM in the Genetically at Risk (TRIGR) study by H. K. Akerblom and colleagues on whether weaning babies with high hydrolised formula can reduce the risk of type 1 diabetes (T1D).
- THE TOP 7 Hit List. // LocumLife;Aug2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p2
A list of the top seven issues featured in 2010 issues of this magazine is presented including diabetes prevention, adult obesity, and breast masses in adolescent girls.
- The Nutrition and Enjoyable Activity for Teen Girls (NEAT girls) randomized controlled trial for adolescent girls from disadvantaged secondary schools: rationale, study protocol, and baseline results. Lubans, David R.; Morgan, Philip J.; Dewar, Deborah; Collins, Clare E.; Plotnikoff, Ronald C.; Okely, Anthony D.; Batterham, Marijka J.; Finn, Tara; Callister, Robin // BMC Public Health;2010, Vol. 10, p652
Background: Child and adolescent obesity predisposes individuals to an increased risk of morbidity and mortality from a range of lifestyle diseases. Although there is some evidence to suggest that rates of pediatric obesity have leveled off in recent years, this has not been the case among youth...