Gambling problems in the family--a stratified probability sample study of prevalence and reported consequences
- The prevalence of problematic gambling behaviour: A Scandinavian comparison. Bonke, Jens; Borregaard, Karen // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Aug2009, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p654
Aims: On the basis of a new large-scale screening for the prevalence of problematic gambling behaviour in Denmark, the aim of the study was: (a) to evaluate the effect of applying different screening tools; and (b) to compare gambling behaviour in Denmark with the prevalence of problematic...
- Poll shows strong ties in religious families. // National Catholic Reporter;5/30/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p9
Surveys the influence of religion on family relationships in the U.S.
- Financial Literacy Lessons: A Family Affair. // Chicago Weekend;4/20/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p5
The article focuses on the financial literary poll conducted by TD Bank on families in the Northeast as well as in Florida and Washington D.C.
- Gaming. Deer, Jessica // Eastern Door;5/6/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p21
The article offers the author's insights regarding the social impacts of gaming in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- Journal abstracts. // Social Security Bulletin;Summer96, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p75
Presents an abstract of the article `Family Structure and Transfer Measures in the Health and Retirement Study,' by Beth J. Soldo and Martha S. Hill from the 1995 supplement of the `Journal of Human Resources.'
- LA COMUNICACIÃ“N FAMILIAR EN ASENTAMIENTOS SUBNORMALES DE MONTERÃA (COLOMBIA). Garcés Prettel, Miguel; Enrique Palacio Sañudo, Jorge // PsicologÃa desde el Caribe;ene-jun2010, Issue 25, p1
This study is the result of a quantitative investigation that describes the characteristics of communication within families in subnormal neighborhoods of the city of MonterÃa. The methodological design started with an intentional sample of 300 families that belong to four subnormal...
- Editor's letter. Bruford, Jon // Casino International;May2011, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including socializing through online gaming/gambling, a review on the Anna Chapman-themed online slot machine from Viaden Gaming UK, and the latest trends in the online-gaming industry.
- Slot machines bad for health. IANS // Asian Pacific Post;2/5/2009, p10
This article discusses a study conducted by the Centre for Social and Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CSHORE) and Te Ropu Whariki on the social and economic impacts of gambling in New Zealand.
- editorial. Boshart, Daryl // Journal of Gambling Issues;Jun2009, Issue 23, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Blase Gambino which provides framework discussion of gambling, one by David Marshall on public health issue, and one by Nigel Turner which offers knowledge about relationship between gambling and organized crime.