Sexual abstinence behavior among never-married youths in a generalized HIV epidemic country: evidence from the 2005 C&ocird;te d'Ivoire AIDS indicator survey
- Abstinence urged for people with AIDS. // National Catholic Reporter;3/3/95, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p7
Reports that a Vatican official told a meeting of African health workers that a married person should abstain from sex to protect the uninfected partner.
- Abstinence Success in Uganda Resisted by AIDS Community. Sylva, Douglas A. // Insight on the News;1/7/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p51
Reports on the reluctance of the international AIDS community to promote the sexual morality strategy of Ugandans. Decline in HIV prevalence in Uganda in 2001; Determinant of the reduction in HIV incidence in Uganda that is considered the most important; Amount the Bill and Melinda Gates...
- SPOTLIGHT: The Sex Lives of Unmarried Evangelicals. // Christianity Today;May2013, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses surveys on the sex lives of young unmarried evangelicals, conducted by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy with the Guttmacher Institute and Grey Matter Research. The differences in the definition of "evangelical" in the National Campaign survey...
- The Single and Celibate. Duin, Julia // Insight on the News;2/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p28
Discusses the attitude of single individuals toward virginity and celibacy. Remarks from author and educator Elizabeth Abbott on celibate men and women; Trend in sexual activity among teenagers; Attitude of women toward virginity.
- It's abstinence only in Idaho AIDS classes. // Curriculum Review;Apr97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p3
Reports that school districts in the state of Idaho who teach anything other than abstinence in their AIDS prevention programs, will be denied their portion of federal funds for AIDS education programs in the state. Amount which will be denied; Reason for denial; First state to undertake such a...
- The politics of prevention. Bull, Chris // Advocate;03/19/2002, Issue 859, p26
Reports the creation of the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV and AIDS in the U.S. Efforts to pass the abstinence-based sex education as part of the AIDS policy; Members of the council; Debate on the cost of HIV prevention.
- Sexual Activity and other related practices among Youth Corpers in Nigeria. Iyaniwura, C. A.; Mautin, G. // West African Journal of Medicine;Jan2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p13
BACKGROUND: In many developing countries, epidemiological studies have shown that the highest incidence of HIV/AIDS occurs among the young and educated. Sexual practice is the most important behaviour that determines the risk of acquisition. OBJECTIVE: To assess the sexual practices of young...
- Mass media, HIV prevention and youth. // Report on the Global HIV/AIDS Epidemic: UNAIDS - 2004;1/1/2004, p97
The article discusses the role of mass media in sending HIV prevention messages to the youth. Research shows that media campaigns, along with local education efforts, are effective in giving preventive awareness against HIV. Many countries, including Jamaica and South Africa, have used media to...
- Abstinence program success. // American School Board Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 197 Issue 4, p69
The article reports on the success of an abstinence program among youth in Virginia based on a new research published in the "Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine" which reveals the effectiveness of an abstinence-only program in grade six and seven students.