Ask the Biologist
- New hotel is the cat's meow. Mylchreest, Ian // Las Vegas Business Press;3/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p7
Introduces the American Dog and Cat Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Business plans of the firm; Launch of an Internet booking facility; Hotel amenities.
- My experience with low-cost pens. Banks, Lorna Jean // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p52
Narrates the author's experiences with animal housing. Materials used; Setting up of pallets; Concerns on using masonry botls and tools. INSET: Low-cost construction projects require low-cost materials..
- BAT ABODE. // Flower & Garden;Jul2001, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p57
Provides information on constructing an abode for bats.
- It Looks Like A Zoo in Here. // Boys' Quest;Feb/Mar2003, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p20
Presents mathematical problems for computing the size of the houses of zoo animals.
- Dear Kitty. Angell, Kitty // Cats Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p10
Answers questions about cats. Permission to keep a cat in a government subsidized housing project; Vision problems in white breeds.
- Pigs and the Factory Farm. Lavendel, Brian // Animals;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 133 Issue 2, p18
Provides information on the living conditions of the pigs in factory farms.
- Make a Bird House a Home. Harrison, George // Birder's World;Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p50
Presents tips on protecting bird houses from squirrels, snakes, house sparrows and other animals. Attachment of baffles to deter squirrels; Procedure for affixing tubes to house entrances to deter raccoons, cats and snakes; Screen installation.
- THE PERFECT STALL. Hayes, Karen E. N. // Horse & Rider;Mar2004, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p78
Presents information on how to build an efficient and cost-effective stall for horses. INSET: Sawdust: Natural Bedding?.
- An Inside Story. McNamara, Robert J. // Conservationist;Jan/Feb87, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p27
Reports on the exploration of a beaver lodge. Purpose of a bowl-shaped depression; Maintenance of a conductive connection to the subsoil; Assistance of the beaver in the creation of wetlands; Replenishment of the habitat.