- Early sturgeon data from Hudson show unexpected results. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/9/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p7
The article presents a research by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) which is aimed at tagging Atlantic sturgeon with satellite and sonic devices to track migration and spawning patterns in Hudson River, New York. According to the research, sturgeon Minerva...
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2011, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p28
This section offers news briefs on various New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) matters. The DEC announced a regulation which prohibits both the intentional and indirect feeding through food attractants such as bird seeds of black bears. On April 23 to 24, 2011, DEC will hold...
- Snakehead Discovery. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2006, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p29
The article reports on the discovery by the New York State Department of Environmental Protection staff of northern snakehead fish in a New York City lake in June 2005. The snakehead is a predatory fish popular both as exotic food and as aquarium fish. Their introduction into U.S. waters has the...
- DEC Summer Camper Recounts Experiences. Plante, David // New York State Conservationist;Apr2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the summer camps operated by the United States Department of Environmental Commission (DEC) in New York State. Addition to the environmental education camp program of DEC; Details on the summer camps of DEC; How the camping experience influenced the life of the attendees.
- Bait Bait â€¦ Don't Tell Me! Longeretta, Emily // Syracuse New Times;6/22/2011, Issue 2098, p10
The article offers information on the New York Department of Environmental Conservation's seventh annual Free Fishing Weekend catch-and-release events in the Onondaga Lake, New York on June 25-26, 2011.
- A Partnership for Bass Management. Green, David M. // Conservationist;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the results of the New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's survey to keep track of bass populations in the state. Reasons for conducting the study; Procedure for measuring bass; Number of bass present in any given body of water; Relation of electrofishing catch rate with...
- DEC won't open some campgrounds this summer. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 71, p2
The article announces that the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will not open some campgrounds in the summer of 2010 in Albany, New York.
- Camping + Family = Fun. Stegmann, Eileen C. // New York State Conservationist;Aug99, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on family camping at the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) campgrounds in New York. Facilities in the campgrounds; Conveniences provided by the DEC campgrounds; Outdoor recreational activities offered by the DEC campgrounds.
- How DEC Summer Camp Shaped My Life. Canary, Bret // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p9
The article presents testimonies of how the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Summer Camp shaped the lives of some attendees. One attendee says his experience in the summer camp when he was 13 years old influenced his desire to become a camp counselor. A wildlife biologist...