Scale development: factors affecting diet, exercise, and stress management (FADESM)
- Why exercisers need stress relief. Cohen, Sharon; Doheny, Kathleen; Teare, Tracy // Shape;Nov2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on ways of enhancing management of stress by people who exercise regularly.
- Joel Jamieson. // Men's Fitness;Apr2012, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p111
The article presents fitness tips from world's best mixed martial arts (MMA) trainer Jamieson to reduce stress and feel fresh and healthy.
- Health and Wellness. Bondurant, Lisa // TortSource;Summer2015, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on the theme of health and wellness, including the effects of the False Self Syndrome, lawyers and depression, and managing the stresses of law practice with exercise and fitness.
- Physical Activity Patterns Among Preadolescent Children in Cyprus: The CYKIDS Study. Lazarou, Chrystalleni; Soteriades, Elpidoforos S. // Journal of Physical Activity & Health;Mar2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p185
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to summarize patterns of correlations between variables and reduce a large number of variables to a smaller number of factors. Methods: During 2005 we conducted a national, cross-sectional, multistage study among 1140 children (mean age = 10.70 Â± 0.98)....
- Perceived characteristics of the environment associated with active travel: development and testing of a new scale. Ogilvie, David; Mitchell, Richard; Mutrie, Nanette; Petticrew, Mark; Platt, Stephen // International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition & Physical Activit;2008, Vol. 5, Special section p1
Background: Environmental characteristics may be associated with patterns of physical activity. However, the development of instruments to measure perceived characteristics of the local environment is still at a comparatively early stage, and published instruments are not necessarily suitable...
- Youth's Perception of Spa for Health and Wellness -- A Case Study. Tharakan, Y. G. // International Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Systems;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p47
Wellness is viewed as a way of life including such holistic aspects as physical fitness, nutrition, refreshing mental activity and beauty care. The main focus is to create a healthy body, mind and soul. The present day youth go to spas for fitness, stress management, peace of mind, pampering and...
- Fit and stress-free. Sheltoin, Linda // Natural Health;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p92
This article presents various workout suggestions to remain fit and stress-free. When working, traveling, planning, organizing, shopping, wrapping, delivering, decorating, cooking, cleaning, socializing, entertaining, caretaking, and braving bad weather and worse traffic can drain away all your...
- Micro and Mini Breaks in Sedentary Work: Implications for a Practical Approach to Management... Waikar, Avinash // International Journal of Management;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p258
Focuses on a study which examined exercises available for the reduction of physical stress in sedentary work. Review of the physical exercise programs; Exercises for micro and mini breaks; Implications for management of physical stress.
- Top Reasons To Take Your Vacation. // Successful Supervisor;Mar2012, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p5
The article offers reasons why managers or supervisors should take a vacation. It states that managers or supervisors can reclaim to 30% of fitness level by going on vacation. It indicates that when taking a vacation, they can give their body the time and freedom to repair itself after facing...