What explains between-school differences in rates of sexual experience?
- A Good Idea Gone Wrong. Schwarz, Gretchen // Educational Leadership;Dec87/Jan88, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p77
Presents a criticism on 'Cultural Literacy,' by E.D. Hirsch Jr. Controversy on Hirsch's dismissal of cognitive development theory and his attack on the critical thinking movement; Shortcomings of Hirsch's idea of curriculum redesign.
- Physician In Management Seminar Updated for InterAct. // Physician Executive;May/Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p70
A description of the course InterAct being offered at the American College of Physician Executives is presented.
- Humanize the University. Meland, Bernard E. // Journal of Higher Education;Feb1943, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p70
The article focuses on the reorganization of the U.S. educational curriculum that allows the student into active relation with the community. The author cites the chief end of modern man to give focus to the university as a whole. He stresses that no person can attain significance apart from...
- Don't worry, college will prepare you for real world. Gitomer // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/13/99, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p24
Presents a list of college courses that would prepare you for success in relationships, friendships and the working world. Includes the magic of creative a positive attitude; Setting and exceeding goals; Establishing pride on the job.
- Bradley-Angle House Offers LGBTQ Healthy Relationships Course. Rook, Erin // Just Out;5/7/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p45
The article reports on the free and confidential 10-week course exploring the skills needed to build a healthy relationship among LGBT people offered by Bradley-Angle House, a domestic violence agency in Portland, Oregon.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS. // People Management;7/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p56
Presents information on a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development course on interpersonal skills in London, England which will be held from September 23 to 24, 2002. Coverage of the course; Skills that will be developed during the course.
- Cultural Responsiveness of School Curriculum and Students' Failure in Turkey. Ismet Sahi?n // Interchange;Dec2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p383
Education should develop the common values needed to enhance the unity and progress of a multi-ethnic, multicultural society. In order to enhance effective learning, students' varied backgrounds should be taken into consideration when designing a curriculum. Clearly, if the curriculum is...
- A Radical Geography: Curriculum Therapy, Performance, and Landscape. Helfenbein Jr., Robert J. // JCT: Journal of Curriculum Theorizing;Fall2004, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p67
Relates curriculum theory, the performance arts and geography. Definition of performance theory; Concept of "space" in traditional education and the performance arts; Conception of the geography of the teacher/student; Geographic mythos of American culture; Development of a radical geography of...
- PROVÃVEIS INFLUÃŠNCIAS DO PRIMEIRO ANO DO CURSO DE SECRETARIADO EXECUTIVO BILÃNGUE NO COTIDIANO DOS ESTUDANTES. Martins, Cibele Barsalini; Genghini, Luiz Antônio; Vicente, Ismar; Mendes Terra, Penha Maria // GeSec: Revista de Gestao e Secretariado;jul-dez2010, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p53
The objective of this article is to identify the influence of Bilingual Executive Secretary course in the first year of students' life. For this purpose, the approach utilizes questions related to professional, social and individual development according to curriculum guiding standards for...