The long-term hospitalization experience following military service in the 1991 Gulf War among veterans remaining on active duty, 1994-2004
- Health outcomes of veterans of the Persian Gulf War. Andolsek, Kathryn M. // American Family Physician;2/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p674
Presents summaries of the articles `Mortality among U.S. veterans of the Persian Gulf War,' by H.K. Kang and T.A. Bullman, `The postwar hospitalization experience of U.S. veterans of the Persian Gulf War,' by G.C. Gray, et al and `Disease and suspicion after the Persian Gulf War,' by E.W....
- To the Editor:. Korenyi-Both, Andras L. // Military Medicine;Oct2003, Vol. 168 Issue 10, pvi
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Chemical Warfare and the Gulf War: A Review of the Impact on Gulf War Veterans' Health," in a 2003 issue of "Military Medicine."
- To the Editor:. Riddle, James R.; Brown, Mark; Smith, Tyler; Ritchie, Elspeth Cameron; Brix, Kelley Ann; Romano, James // Military Medicine;Oct2003, Vol. 168 Issue 10, pvi
Presents a response by James R. Riddle, Mark Brown, Tyler Smith, Elspeth Cameron Ritchie, Kelley Ann Brix and James Romano to a letter to the editor about their article "Chemical Warfare and the Gulf War: A Review of the Impact on Gulf War Veterans' Health," in a 2003 issue of "Military Medicine."
- Veterans' Day. Grillo, Jerry // Georgia Trend;Jul2003, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p52
Ruth Lee has seen the 80-something survivors of the Greatest Generation, tears running down their wrinkled cheeks, staring at the memorial wall, at names of old comrades whose bones lie deep in the ground of foreign lands. So are the names of 3,200 veterans from Effingham County, from the...
- Illness tied to a potent `cocktail.' Newman, Richard J.; English, Carey W. // U.S. News & World Report;04/14/97, Vol. 122 Issue 14, p44
Focuses on Gulf War syndrome. Research to be presented at a conference of the Experimental Biology Society which may finally help explain some of the symptoms and disabilities claimed by more than 30,000 gulf war veterans; Findings made by Mohamed Abou-Donia regarding insecticides and an...
- Battle scars take years to surface. Kleiner, Kurt // New Scientist;8/19/95, Vol. 147 Issue 1991, p8
Reports the findings of a study by Andy Morgan of the West Haven Veteran's Affairs Medical Center in Connecticut on the symptoms of post-traumatic stress suffered by Gulf war soldiers. Nature of symptoms; Treatment of symptoms.
- Who cares for the Gulf war veterans? O'Brien, Alexandra // New Statesman;02/05/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4523, p25
Offers a look at the sufferings of 1991 Gulf War veterans in Great Britain. Medical and health problems of the veterans; How the government treated the veterans; Changes in the behavior of the veterans; Burden of the families of veterans; Number of veterans who have died of diseases and...
- Nerve pill sapped soldiers' defences. Kleiner, Kurt // New Scientist;4/27/96, Vol. 150 Issue 2027, p4
Reports that `Gulf War syndrome,' a debilitating collection of ailments afflicting Gulf veterans, may be caused by an exposure to a combination of an anti-nerve gas agent and two pesticides, according to researchers at Duke University and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. ...
- Britain launches two studies of `Gulf War syndrome' ... O'Brien, Claire // Nature;12/19/1996, Vol. 384 Issue 6610, p604
Reports on the decision by Britain's Ministry of Defence (MoD) to conduct two epidemiological studies of illness among Gulf War veterans. The symptoms of `Gulf War syndrome'; Details of how the studies will be conducted.