Methodologies used to estimate tobacco-attributable mortality: a review
- Tobacco Award May Be Reduced. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;7/22/2014, pB09
- Child Mortality Estimation: Accelerated Progress in Reducing Global Child Mortality, 1990-2010. Hill, Kenneth; You, Danzhen; Inoue, Mie; Oestergaard, Mikkel Z. // PLoS Medicine;Aug2012, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p1
Monitoring development indicators has become a central interest of international agencies and countries for tracking progress towards the Millennium Development Goals. In this review, which also provides an introduction to a collection of articles, we describe the methodology used by the United...
- Tobacco smoking and the British doctors'cohort. Boyle, P. // British Journal of Cancer;2/14/2005, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p419
This article presents information on tobacco smoking. Tobacco is the best-identified human carcinogen and is carcinogenic in all its forms of use. It is clear, and has been for several years now, that the effect of tobacco on cancer risk, and indeed on overall mortality, is far in excess of any...
- Prevalence of oral mucosal lesions and tobacco consumption patterns among industrial workers. Vikneshan, M.; Ankola, Anil V. // Nepal Journal of Epidemiology;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p2
An abstract of the article "Prevalence of oral mucosal lesions and tobacco consumption patterns among industrial workers," by M. Vikneshan and Anil V. Ankola is presented.
- TECHNICAL POTENTIAL OF VIRGINIA TOBACCO PLANTED IN THE OLTENIA REGION. Ramona, Capruciu // Bulletin of the University of Agricultural Sciences & Veterinary;2008, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p212
During the last two decades, a growing interest in scientific reasearch of the tobacco plant has been noticed, mainly concerning the chemical compounds which form the quality elements of this plant (flavour, streght, taste, spicy taste, bitterness, etc). This work is aimed at establishing the...
- Child Mortality Estimation: Methods Used to Adjust for Bias due to AIDS in Estimating Trends in Under-Five Mortality. Walker, Neff; Hill, Kenneth; Fengmin Zhao // PLoS Medicine;Aug2012, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p1
In most low- and middle-income countries, child mortality is estimated from data provided by mothers concerning the survival of their children using methods that assume no correlation between the mortality risks of the mothers and those of their children. This assumption is not valid for...
- Tobacco. D. R. H. // Encyclopaedia of Aboriginal Australia;1994, Vol. 2, p1081
An encyclopedia entry for native tobacco plants in Australia is presented. It refers to any plant of the Nicotiana genus. Although it is often confused with pituri, there are in fact a number of true native tobacco species, particularly in the arid areas, according to the author. The leaves of...
- Frequent Gain and Loss of Resistance against Tobacco Mosaic Virus in Nicotiana Species. Yuan, Xinjie; Yan, Chenghuan; Wu, Zhujun; Ren, Feihong; Zhang, Hui; Chen, Jiongjiong; Kuang, Hanhui; Baker, Barbara // Molecular Plant (Cell Press);Dec2015, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p1813
The article highlights continuous gain & loss of resistance against virus tobacco mosaic that is found in nicotiana species.
- Nicotiana sylvestris calcineurin B-like protein NsylCBL10 enhances salt tolerance in transgenic Arabidopsis. Dong, Lianhong; Wang, Qian; Manik, S.; Song, Yufeng; Shi, Sujuan; Su, Yulong; Liu, Guanshan; Liu, Haobao // Plant Cell Reports;Dec2015, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p2053
Key message: Nicotiana sylvestris calcineurin B-like protein NsylCBL10 improves tolerance to high-salt stress through better maintenance of Na balance. Abstract: The calcineurin B-like (CBL) proteins represent a unique group of plant calcium sensors and play an important role in regulating the...