Worldwide food recall patterns over an eleven month period: a country perspective
- New worldwide standards on food safety adopted. // Nation's Health;Sep2003, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p10
Focuses on food safety and quality standards adopted by the World Health Organization's food commission. Information on the "ground-breaking guidelines for assessing the food safety risks posed by foods derived from biotechnology"; Details on a standard for irradiated foods adopted by the Codex...
- Rethinking Sanitation. Young, Renee // Food Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p91
Focuses on the strategies adopted by food manufacturers in the United States to enhance food sanitation practices. Importance for manufacturers to adopt a more holistic view of plant sanitation according to industry executives; Suggestion to emphasize performance-based food sanitation...
- Handling news. // Food Manufacture;Nov97, Vol. 72 Issue 13, p14
Presents various news concerning food handling in the food industry and trade in Europe. Bendi forklifts permission for confectionery manufacturer Renshaw Scott to raise storage capacity in the same cube; Extension on the international one-way pallet service of Chep; Features of W1130 weight...
- Handling news. // Food Manufacture;Apr98, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p12
Presents news information on handling in the food industry and trade in the United Kingdom. Additional investments by United Biscuits company; Distribution centre opened by chilled snack producer Ginsters company; Service provided by a multirobot carton handling and palletizing system from...
- Handling news. // Food Manufacture;Sep98, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p10
Presents news briefs pertaining to food handling throughout the food industry worldwide. Information on the system which the Geest company implemented to track its EAN-128 labels; Completion of the Grimsby company's 24hr/day Tower cold store; Acquisition of the TNT Premier Distribution company...
- Handling News. // Food Manufacture;Oct98, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p10
Presents a roundup of news concerning food handling in Great Britain as of October 1998. BWI Dawson's system of transferring unstable polyethylene bottles from accumulation table to multi-lane slat chain; Selection of Frigoscandia Distribution to handle Birds Eye Wall's network; Installation of...
- One Safety Step at a Time. Frank, Paula // Dairy Field;Jun2002, Vol. 185 Issue 6, p47
Comments on the food safety concerns of processors in the U.S. Implementation of quality procedures; Training of employees in sanitation standards.
- Food Safety Certification and Its Impacts. Raval-Nelson, Palak; Smith, Paulette M. // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar1999, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p9
Presents information on a study that investigated the effects of hazard analysis critical control point training on the food industry. Purpose of the study; Methodology; Conclusion.
- Practical Stuff! // Journal of Environmental Health;Apr1999, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p22
Discusses the hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) approach to food safety. Introduction of the HACCP concept; Limitations of the inspection approach; Limitations of the end-product testing; HACCP principles.