Some peace of mind: assessing a pilot intervention to promote mental health among widows of injecting drug users in north-east India
- Enhancing employment outcomes for individuals with serious and persistent mental illnesses. Harvey, Robert B. // American Rehabilitation;Summer94, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p2
Details a study which examined the role of the mental health rehabilitation facility and its relationship with Missouri Division of Vocational Rehabilitation in an attempt to improve services to people with serious and persistent mental illnesses. Compensation of a level of service basis and its...
- ESTABLISHING A COMPETITIVE BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION. Barela, Ken; Binnings, Tom // Behavioral Health Management;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on how to create competitive behavioral healthcare organizations in the United States. Fundamental problem of all providers in the behavioral healthcare industry; Strategies in facing extreme downward pressure on prices; Tactical areas to consider when prioritizing continuous...
- Tough times: Are you growing weaker, or stronger? Neely, JoAnn // Getting Paid in Behavioral Healthcare;Mar2003, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1
Presents results of the survey of the National Association of Psychiatric Health Systems 'Trends in Behavioral Healthcare Systems: A Benchmarking Report.' Increase in net income of private and multi-facility operations; Business planning of successful providers; Computerization of data...
- Unexpected fiscal crisis spurs development of more responsive, productive provider agency. Citron, Tod W. // Getting Paid in Behavioral Healthcare;Jun2003, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the changes made by the mental health center in Georgia, Cobb and Douglas county Community Services Board, following reduction in government funding in the year 2002. Cultural changes made in the organization; Defining of productivity targets for each member; Expansion of billing...
- New Rx for mental illness: Go home, get a job. Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/16/96, Vol. 43 Issue 38, p23
Reports on the state of mental health facilities located in Long Island, New York. Downsizing of operations; Mental health rehabilitation technologies; Long Island community's ability to meet growing needs in mental health care; Reinvestment in mental health facilities; Need for more...
- Medicaid cuts and lower reimbursement have inpatient psych facilities reeling. Daugherty, Christi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/6/95, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p7A
Reports on the effects of Medicaid cuts and lower reimbursement on inpatient psychitric facilities in New Orleans, Louisiana. Closure of several health care facilities; Support group for unemployed mental health professionals; Disproportionate share funds.
- Crisis warning over acute care services. // Community Care;6/20/2002, Issue 1427, p14
Reports on the warning issued by the Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health on the decline of hospital mental health services in Great Britain. Briefing released by the center; Recommendations of the center.
- Increase in beds for mental health patients. // Public Finance;07/23/99, p13
Reports on the British government's plans to fund additional beds for mental health patients in the eight National Health Service regions.
- What is a Clubhouse? Report on the ICCD 1996 survey of USA clubhouses. Macias, Cathaleene; Jackson, Robert // Community Mental Health Journal;Apr99, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p181
Summarizes the findings from the International Center for Clubhouse Development (ICCD) 1996 Clubhouse Survey for the respondent clubhouses located in the United States. Commonalities in clubhouse organizational structure and practice across diverse geographic areas and within diverse health...