Sensitivity to electricity--temporal changes in Austria
- The European Union physical agents (electromagnetic fields) directive: an update for the MRI community. KEEVIL, S. F.; LOMAS, D. J. // British Journal of Radiology;Dec2013, Vol. 86 Issue 1032, p1
The author discusses the European Union (EU) Physical Agents (Electromagnetic Fields) directive to protect workers from adverse effects of exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMFs). He is critical with the directive derogation from EMF exposure limits for patients in the health sector. He also...
- Is There Still A Role For Pulsed Electromagnetic Field in the Treatment of Delayed Unions and Nonunions. Rose, R. E. C; Bryan-Frankson, B. A. // Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery;2008, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
Objective: To examine the results of pulsed electromagnetic field stimulation (PEMF) in the treatment of delayed union and nonunion as well as on regenerate bone following distraction osteogenesis. Method: Thirteen patients were treated for delayed union with PEMF therapy. One patient was...
- Consultations in primary care for symptoms attributed to electromagnetic fields -- a survey among general practitioners. Huss, Anke; Röösli, Martin // BMC Public Health;2006, Vol. 6, p267
Background: Five percent of the Swiss population attribute symptoms to electromagnetic fields (EMF). General practitioners (GPs) might play a key role in recognising an emerging health risk, since they are the first to observe and follow up persons who attribute symptoms to EMF. It is unclear to...
- Don't Panic. RODRIGUEZ, TORI // Spirituality & Health;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p37
The article discusses a study which tested whether watching a video that warned about the negative health effects of electromagnetic fields would influence whether people developed actual symptoms. Majority of the subjects reported symptoms like headaches when they were told they were being...
- Wirelessly Charged Microchip Opens Doors into 'Electroceutical' Devices. Barnes, Melissa // Wireless Design & Development;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on a research conducted on microchip technology by a team of engineers led by professor Ada Poon and electrical engineering student John Ho, from Stanford University. Topic discussed include development of mid-field wireless transfer method to replace miniaturized devices,...
- Highlights of the Issue 2, 2013. Federico, Antonio // Neurological Sciences;Feb2013, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p135
No abstract available.
- When doctors are ahead of their time. DeMare, Sheila Rogers // Latitudes Online;2/3/2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p3
An introduction to articles published within the issue is presented, including one on the health risks posed by smart meters.
- ASK THE DOCTOR. Ferrell, Bruce A. // Healthy Years;Apr2013, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to health, including the nutritional contents of bananas, the health risks of electromagnetic fields (EMFs) generated by electric blankets, and finding a qualified acupuncture practitioner.
- Risk assessment revisited. Heine, Hans J. // Foundry Management & Technology;Feb95, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p5
Editorial. Comments on the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) use of risk assessment to estimate environmental dangers to humans. Debate on how to target finite resources to address environmental and health threats; Costs associated with environmental compliance; Need to translate...