A community intervention trial of multimodal suicide prevention program in Japan: a novel multimodal community intervention program to prevent suicide and suicide attempt in Japan, NOCOMIT-J
- Suicide is Third Leading Cause of Death for 15-24 Year Olds-- Learn the Warning Signs of Suicide during National Suicide Prevention Week. Patterson, Traci // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);9/5/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p21
The article offers information regarding the National Suicide Prevention Week, a health awareness program to be organized by the Mental Health America of Texas which will encourage individuals to become more familiar with the warning signs of suicide.
- Selected Abstracts. // American Journal of Health Promotion;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, following p224
The article presents abstracts on evidence-based health promotion and topics that include injury prevention, suicide prevention, and health impact assessment.
- A Public Health Approach to Campus Mental Health Promotion and Suicide Prevention. Eells, Gregory T.; Marchell, Timothy C.; Corson-Rikert, Janet; Dittman, Sharon // Harvard Health Policy Review;Spring2012, Vol. 13, p3
The growing mental health needs of students at colleges and universities continue to garner considerable attention as well as challenge institutions of higher education (IHEs) regarding how to respond. Providing access to mental health services on campus is one key component to responding to...
- Health promotion and secondary prevention: response to Milat, O'Hara and Develin. Fry, Denise; Gleeson, Suzanne; Rissel, Chris // Health Promotion Journal of Australia;Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p86
This paper responds to a recent HPJA article by Milat, O'Hara and Develin, which called for health promotion practitioners to be more closely involved in secondary prevention of Type 2 diabetes. It considers the resources currently available to health promotion in Australia, and examines and...
- Methodology for the evaluation of the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden program. Gibbs, L.; Staiger, P. K.; Townsend, M.; Macfarlane, S.; Gold, L.; Block, K.; Johnson, B.; Kulas, J.; Waters, E. // Health Promotion Journal of Australia;Apr2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p32
Issues addressed: Community and school cooking and gardening programs have recently increased internationally. However, despite promising indications, there is limited evidence of their effectiveness. This paper presents the evaluation framework and methods negotiated and developed to meet the...
- Health Literacy, Conceptual Analysis for Disease Prevention. Hepburn, Millie // International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medi;Mar2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p228
The capacity and competence to understand and use health information to make informed choices to make decisions is critical to maintain health. This capacity and competence, called health literacy, is affected by culture, language, trust, and the context in which the information is communicated....
- Towards Prevention and Early Recognition of Stroke: The Australian Context. March, Evrim G // Brain Impairment;Dec2011, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p223
Stroke is a preventable disease leading to physical, cognitive and emotional disability. Its high prevalence and poor outcome shifts this disease from the clinical, medical realm to a significant public health problem. This article provides an overview of the problem, and the status of stroke...
- Better than you think. Bates, Jane // Nursing Standard;2/18/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p22
Focuses the how sensationalist journalism alters the perception of the public about the quality of health care in Great Britain. Role in making people reluctant to seek medical help.
- Asheville Project, Diabetes Ten City Challenge report successes. Sheffer, Joe // Pharmacy Today;Feb2008, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p32
The article offers information on Asheville Project and Diabetes Ten City Challenge (DTCC), the two major health programs that respond to health problems in the U.S. It cites that both health projects have offered evidence that pharmacists have unprecedented opportunity to help the patients on...