Can colorectal cancer mass-screening organization be evidence-based? Lessons from failures: the experimental and pilot phases of the Lazio program
- Colorectal Cancer Screening and Surveillance. SHORT, MATTHEW W.; LAYTON, MILES C.; TEER, BETHANY N.; DOMAGALSKI, JASON E. // American Family Physician;1/15/2015, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p93
Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in men and women. The incidence and mortality rate of the disease have been declining over the past two decades because of early detection and treatment. Screening in persons at average risk should begin at 50 years of age; the U.S. Preventive...
- National Colon Cancer Screening Day Targets First-Time Patients. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article announces that National Colon Cancer Screening Day will be held on March 8, 2012 in the U.S. It further informs that the first-time patients will undergo a colonoscopy on the same day as part of the Colorectal Cancer Awareness month. It mentions that colonoscopy helps in the early...
- Outcomes of colorectal cancer in the United States: no change in survival (1986â€“1997) Rabeneck, Linda; El-Serag, Hashem B.; Davila, Jessica A.; Sandler, Robert S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2003, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p471
: ObjectivesThe past decade has witnessed important advances in colorectal cancer (CRC) screening and treatment. To assess the potential impact of these advances on CRC survival and incidence, we evaluated recent temporal trends in the United States.: MethodsUsing the nine population-based...
- Screening for colorectal cancer. // Africa Health;Nov2014, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p49
The article focuses on the study which shows the effectiveness of colorectal cancer (CRC) screening in reducing the mortality of CRC.
- Hudson Valley Hospital offering virtual colonoscopy. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 50, p18
Reports on the availability of virtual colonoscopy, a screening for the detection of colorectal cancer, at Hudson Valley Hospital Center in Cortlandt Manor, New York. Cause of cancer related deaths; Features of the virtual colonoscopy.
- Cost-Containment Redux: Time for Physicians to Engage. Kravitz, Richard // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Sep2012, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p1093
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including one on the survey to over 1,200 primary care providers concerning the efficacy of colonoscopy, one on colorectal cancer (CRC) screening and one on the impact of delayed or absent...
- ATL>A population-based, community estimate of total colon examination: the impact on compliance with screening for colorectal cancer. Schoen, Robert E.; Weissfeld, Joel L.; Trauth, Jeanette M.; Ling, Bruce S.; Hayran, Mutlu // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2002, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p446
OBJECTIVE:Colorectal cancer screening is underutilized. Total colon examination (TCE), such as with colonoscopy, can have a significant effect on the measured compliance with screening, as colonoscopy may be able to be performed as infrequently as once every 10 yr. In a population-based survey...
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information a health survey conducted by the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York researchers which revealed the impact of increased colonoscopic pressure on the quality of colon cancer screening.
- Comparison of the Yield and Miss Rate of Narrow Band Imaging and White Light Endoscopy in Patients Undergoing Screening or Surveillance Colonoscopy: A Meta-Analysis. Pasha, Shabana F; Leighton, Jonathan A; Das, Ananya; Harrison, M Edwyn; Gurudu, Suryakanth R; Ramirez, Francisco C; Fleischer, David E; Sharma, Virender K // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2012, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p363
OBJECTIVES:Colonoscopy has an appreciable miss rate for adenomas and colorectal cancer. The goal of advanced endoscopic imaging is to improve lesion detection. Compared with standard definition, high-definition (HD) colonoscopes have the advantage of increased field of visualization and higher...