Spatial point analysis based on dengue surveys at household level in central Brazil
- Modelling zero-inflated spatio-temporal processes. Fernandes, Marcus V. M.; Schmidt, Alexandra M.; Migon, Helio S. // Statistical Modelling: An International Journal;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p3
We consider models for spatio-temporal processes which assume either non-negative values, and often are observed as zero, or discrete values and are also inflated by zeros. Typically, in the first case, the spatial observations are obtained at fixed locations (point-referenced data) over a...
- Mapping your move. Urbanska, Wanda; Levering, Frank // Country Journal;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p16
Presents steps in choosing a small town for a family. Assessment of needs; Geographic considerations; Research by phone; Reminders when visiting the town. INSET: Quality-of-life checklist.
- Workless households across the United Kingdom. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Nov2010, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p8
The article looks at the number of workless households in Great Britain for the period of January to December 2009. Areas where more than three out of every ten households had no one in work are Liverpool, Nottingham and Glasgow City. Areas with the lowest percentages of workless households...
- Go West, Young Man (and Woman). Johnson, Kirk; McKinley, Jesse; Kahn, Jeremy; Tavernise, Sabrina; Overbye, Dennis; Majerol, Veronica // New York Times Upfront;3/14/2011, Vol. 143 Issue 11, p5
The article reports that Austin and Dallas, Texas were the cities of choice among people ages 25 to 34, according to Brookings Institution.
- Settlement Intention and Split Households: Findings from a Survey of Migrants in Beijing's Urban Villages. Fan, C. Cindy // China Review: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Greater China;Fall2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p11
For almost three decades, millions of rural--urban migrants in China have continued to circulate between their urban migrant work and their rural home, maintaining a split-household arrangement where some family members are left behind. Based on a survey of migrants in Beijing's urban villages...
- How to check out your dream city. // Glamour;Aug96, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p114
Offers advice when researching about a city for before relocation. Chamber of commerce; Library resources; Real estate agent; Computer resources.
- The Fittest and Fattest Cities in America. Hübler, Eric // Men's Fitness;Mar2008, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p85
The article presents the results of the "Men's Fitness" 10th annual survey of the fittest & fattest cities in the U.S. Colorado Springs, Colorado won the fittest city designation. Ranking third in 2007, it has overtaken Albuquerque, New Mexico and held off Minneapolis, Minnesota to claim the...
- Twin cities in dengue battle. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);7/21/2013, p1
The article discusses the continued battle against dengue outbreak of cities Cuttack and Bhubaneswar in India. City health officer P. K. Pradhan notes the need for public awareness to deal with the situation as the mosquitoes bred in stagnant fresh water. Director of Capital Hospital S. C....
- THE RISE OF WIFE SECLUSION IN RURAL SOUTH-CENTRAL NIGER. Henquinet, Kari Bergstrom // Ethnology;Winter2007, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p57
This article examines the relationship of ideological and material factors in the rise of wife seclusion in two rural towns south of Maradi, Niger. Much of the literature on wife seclusion in Hausaland associates wife seclusion with urban or wealthier households, but it is also practiced in...