Caries prevalence and tooth loss in Hungarian adult population: results of a national survey
- Periodontal disease incidence, progression and rate of tooth loss in a general dental practice: The results of a 12-year retrospective analysis of patient's clinical records. Nicholls, C // British Dental Journal;5/10/2003, Vol. 194 Issue 9, p485
Demonstrates a low rate of tooth loss in a general dental practice over a period of 12 years where patients received regular dental care and careful periodontal management. Retrospective analysis of patient's clinical records; Factors contributing to the decision to extract a tooth; Benefits of...
- INTERDISCIPLINARY MANAGEMENT OF A PATIENT WITH SKELETAL ANTEROPOSTERIOR DISCREPANCY, IMPACTED CANINE, AND MISSING TEETH. Nalbantgil, Didem; Sayinsu, Korkmaz; Capa, Nuray; Basal, Noyan // World Journal of Orthodontics;2008, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p35
For patients with complex dentofacial problems, orthodontic treatment is often not enough to obtain optimal esthetic and functional results. This case report demonstrates the treatment of a patient with skeletal anteroposterior discrepancy through an interdisciplinary approach and emphasizes the...
- Another Year, Another Tear? Cohlmia, Raymond // Oklahoma Dental Association Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p4
The author reflects on his participation in the Third Oklahoma Mission of Mercy held in McAlester, Oklahoma on February 3, 2012.
- Govt to review teething concerns. Mathew, Andrea // Malay Mail;10/10/2012, p6
The article reports that the Malaysian Health Ministry will review the Dental Bill 2012, as it sparked criticism from the Malaysian Private Dental Practitioners Association over provisions of the bill like dental therapists practising under the supervision of a general practitioner.
- DELIVERING DENTAL CARE IS A TEAM APPROACH. // State Journal (WV);2/18/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 7, Special section p2
The article discusses the critical role of the team approach in delivering dental care with members include the dentist, dental hygienists, and dental assistants.
- Save Your Smile. // Current Health 2;Feb2007, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p5
The article offers tips for saving a lost tooth.
- The knowledge and attitude of general dentists toward denture adhesives in Tehran. Fakhri, Hamidreza; Fayaz, Amir; Faramarzi, Farhad; Javaheri, Homan H. // Indian Journal of Dental Research;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p164
Background: The purpose of this study was to generate discussion and communication among a group of general dentists in Tehran on their viewpoints regarding denture adhesives. Have they accepted denture adhesive as a material to enhance denture retention, stability and function? Materials and...
- Meeting Place. // CDS Review;Jan2011, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p42
A calendar of congresses for the U.S. area in January to April 2011 is presented including the meeting of Dental Arts Club, the meeting of Greater Evanston Dentists Association and the meeting Central Lake County Dental Study Club.
- The Use of Instruments by Iranian Endodontics and General Practioners. Elham, Farokh Gisour; Sedigheh, Zarmehi // Open Dentistry Journal;2012, Vol. 6, p105
Aim: The current clinical practice of endodontics involves utilization of a variety of new technological advances and materials. Technologies available for use in endodontic offices today include battery or electric motors using NiTi rotary file systems, new generation of electronic apex...