Adherence to physical activity recommendations and the influence of socio-demographic correlates - a population-based cross-sectional study
- Time trends in leisure time physical activity and physical fitness in elderly people: 20 year followup of the Spanish population national health survey (1987-2006). // BMC Public Health;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p799
The article presents a medical research conducted on estimating trends in leisure time physical activity and physical fitness between 1987-2006 in older Spanish people. It analyzes the data collected from the Spanish National Health Surveys conducted in 1987. It highlights the method used in the...
- Reaching the peak: NuStep award celebrates excellence in olderadult wellness. // Journal on Active Aging;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p70
The article features the winners of NuStep Inc.'s 2008 Pinnacle Awards. University Living won the award for the senior living division. It is an independent assisted-living community where residents have the opportunity to maintain and enhance their emotional, intellectual, physical and...
- Transnational Strategies for the Promotion of Physical Activity and Active Aging: The World Health Organization Model of Consensus Building in International Public Health. Chodzko-Zajko, Wojtek; Schwingel, Andiara // Quest (00336297);Feb2009, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p25
In this paper we focus our attention on an examination of the four-step process adopted by the World Health Organization (WHO) in its systematic campaign to promote physically active lifestyles by older adults across the 193 WHO member states. The four steps adopted by the WHO include (1)...
- Functional Fitness Normative Scores for Community-Residing Older Adults, Ages 60-94. Rikli, Roberta E.; Jones, C. Jessie // Journal of Aging & Physical Activity;Apr1999, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p162
Describes a nationwide study conducted to develop normative performance data for community-residing older adults. Assessment of body mass index; Evaluations on the physical performance of older adults; Analysis on test results.
- Section 2. // Journal of Aging & Physical Activity;May2001 Supplement, Vol. 9, pS13
Discusses the issue of physical activity among older adults and the aging population in the U.S. Identification of areas older people may overcome obstacles; Suggestions of ways to address barriers and strategies to increase physical activity; Intervention and examples of specific activities.
- Aces & Pains. Brody, Jane // Tennis;May2000, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p55
Presents several physical fitness, vitamin supplements, and exercise tips for elders.
- Editorial. // Working with Older People: Community Care Policy & Practice;Dec2007, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Dawn Skelton and Susie Dinan on the importance of physical activity in the later life and another by Fiona Ross on how the power of theater and dance affects the life of an individual.
- Fighting for the future. Milner, Colin // Journal on Active Aging;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Mary Sanders on how to tap into hot land-based fitness trends to provide water fusion workouts, another on educational initiative for the participation of older people in lifecare community, and still another one...
- National Initiatives for the Promotion of Physical Activity for Older Persons in the Netherlands. Kroes, Ger; de Greef, Mathieu // Journal of Aging & Physical Activity;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p431
Reports the development of nationwide projects designed to enhance physical activity for older adults in Netherlands. Outline of the 'Netherlands on the Move' campaign; Attempt to promote physical active lifestyles in the older adult population; Relationship between physical activity patterns,...