Assessing the unintended health impacts of road transport policies and interventions: translating research evidence for use in policy and practice
- Territorial perspective, regionalization and networks: an approach to Federative Republic of Brazil's health policy. Tavares Ribeiro, Patrícia // SaÃºde e Sociedade;apr-Jun2015, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p403
This paper argues that the regionalization of health care in the Federative Republic of Brazil requires the deepening of territorial approach in public policies and the contextualization of sectorial interventions in local development initiatives. Analyzing the regionalization strategy in recent...
- In brief. // British Medical Journal;7/5/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6232, p54
Assesses the relevance of community health councils (CHC) in London, England. Appointment of Ruth Levitt by King Edward's Hospital Fund for London as assessor of CHC; Role of CHC in representing the public interest to health authorities.
- Exclusive: PCT numbers 'under review'. Bostock, Nick // GP: General Practitioner;8/10/2004, p2
The article presents information on a proposal by medical policymakers for downsizing general practitioners. A proposal to cut the number of Patient Care Technicians, PCTs from 304 to as few as 60 have been under discussion by the Department of Health, DoH policymakers, it has been claimed....
- Beware universal health care. Spitzberg, Daniel H. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p9
The article offers the author's views on the fundings of the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain. He says that the medical community had refused to cooperate with it when it was created in 1946. He states that the NHS was a good idea but the difficulties in its funding shows that...
- Linking Public Interest, Trust and Value. Ortiz, Jim // PA Times;Jul2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the fundamental concept of good public administration in the U.S. Definition of public interest; Source of public value in both economic and political roots; Linkage between public interest, trust and value.
- SPANNING THE NEWS. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Apr2002, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p8
Reports developments related to roads and bridges construction industry in the U.S. as of April 2002. Life and works of bridge designer Eugene Figg Jr.; Stop of state-funded highway construction project in Virginia; Selection of a deck arch design for the bridge to be constructed at the...
- Transport: a public health issue. Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/4/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6818, p48
Examines effects of private transport on public health in Great Britain. Death of people on the roads; Repercussions of the growth of private car ownership on other forms of transport; Advantages of public transport on space, fuel and emissions.
- Destructive Competition or Competition Destroyed? Regulatory Theory and the History of Irish Road Transportation Legislation. Jakee, Keith; Allen, Leonie // European Journal of Law & Economics;Jan1998, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p13
The principal aim of our study is to contribute to the debate over whether regulation is enacted in the interest of consumers, producers, political agents, or some combination of these. We examine the legislative debates and subsequent regulatory bills surrounding road transportation regulation...
- CAN YOU DO A COMMUNITY ASSESSMENT WITHOUT TALKING TO THE COMMUNITY? Williams, Robert L.; Yanoshik, Kim // Journal of Community Health;Aug2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p233
Determines the ability of health professionals to convey community views on health topics. Emphasis on the health care process; Roles of medical professionals in community health planning; Socioeconomic determinants of health.