Development and validation of psychosocial determinants measures of physical activity among Iranian adolescent girls
- The investigation of cultural and social characteristics of family and their relationship with health-related physical fitness. Mehdipour, Abdolrahman; Azmsha, Tahereh; Godarzi, Vajihe // Journal of Physical Education & Sport;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p439
The purpose of this study was to investigate the cultural and social characteristics of family and their relationship with health-related physical fitness in high schools females in Ahvaz. Two hundred female subjects randomly selected from the high schools of Ahvaz, Khuzestan, Iran served as the...
- An Investigation of Adolescent Girls' Global Self-Concept, Physical Self-Concept, Identified Regulation, and Leisure-Time Physical Activity in Physical Education. Kristin Beasley, Emily; Garn, Alex C. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p237
This study examined the relationships among identified regulation, physical selfconcept, global self-concept, and leisure-time physical activity with a sample of middle and high school girls (N = 319) enrolled in physical education. Based on Marsh's theory of self-concept, it was hypothesized...
- The shit-kickers of Madison Avenue. Ross, Lillian // New Yorker;2/20/95-2/27/95, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p82
Describes the behavior of female tenth graders from New York City's Madison Avenue private high schools on a typical day. Habits; Mannerisms; Conversation; Fashion.
- A school-based randomized controlled trial to improve physical activity among Iranian high school girls. Taymoori, Parvaneh; Niknami, Shamsaddin; Berry, Tanya; Lubans, David; Ghofranipour, Fazloalha; Kazemnejad, Anoshirvan // International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition & Physical Activit;2008, Vol. 5, Special section p1
Background: Physical activity (PA) rates decline precipitously during the high school years and are consistently lower among adolescent girls than adolescent boys. Due to cultural barriers, this problem might be exacerbated in female Iranian adolescents. However, little intervention research has...
- Investigaciï¿½n colaborativa e intervenciï¿½n psicosocial: dispositivos de producciï¿½n de sentidos sobre la experiencia escolar con jï¿½venes en un estudio de caso en Cï¿½rdoba, Argentina. Paul�n, Horacio; Tomasini, Marina; L�pez, Carlos Javier; Rodigou, Maite; D'Aloisio, Florencia // Acciones e Investigaciones Sociales;2011, Issue 30, p113
This article analyses a collaborative research experiment with high school students in the city of Cï¿½rdoba, Argentina. The research approach is based on a psycho-social perspective focusing on the analysis of senses and practices constructed by the pupils forming the subject of this study...
- HHS study: High school students fall short of national exercise goals. Romm, Cari // Nation's Health;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p7
The article reports that a study found that only one out of 10 high school students is meeting the level of physical activity recommended by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Girl Power. Fernandez, Sandy M. // InStyle;May2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p114
The article focuses on the Step Up Women's Network, a group that provides mentoring opportunities to high school girls from underserved communities in New York, Los Angeles, California, and Chicago, Illinois.
- Methods and Participant Characteristics of a Randomized Intervention to Promote Physical Activity and Healthy Eating Among Brazilian High School Students: The Saude na Boa Project. Nahas, Markus V.; de Barros, Mauro V. G.; de Assis, Maria Alice A.; Hallal, Pedro C.; Florindo, Alex A.; Konrad, Lisandra // Journal of Physical Activity & Health;Mar2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p153
Background: A cross-cultural, randomized study was proposed to observe the effects of a school-based intervention designed to promote physical activity and healthy eating among high school students in 2 cities from different regions in Brazil: Recife and Florianopolis. The objective of this...
- The Dietary, Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviours of Victorian Regional Secondary School Students. Vaughan, Clare; Kilkkinen, Annamari; Heistaro, Sami; Laatikalnen, Tilna; Dunbar, James // Australian Journal of Primary Health;Apr2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p81
The aim of this study was to investigate the dietary, physical activity and sedentary behaviours of adolescents from four secondary schools in Warrnambool, regional Victoria. In 2004, a random sample of students (n= 712), stratified by school year level, was generated from school enrolment...