Predictors of early sexual initiation among a nationally representative sample of Nigerian adolescents
- ORAL SEX AMONG TEENAGERS: RESEARCH, DISCOURSE, AND EDUCATION. McKay, Alexander // Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality;2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3/4, p201
The articles deals with research on oral sex among teenagers in Canada. The Canadian Youth, Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Study included a sample of just over 11,000 Canadian Grade 7, 9 and 11 students. The Grade 9 and 11 students were asked about their practice of specific sexual behavior. The...
- Sexplanation! has all the answers. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;6/25/2008, p33
The article focuses on the campaign made by National Youth Agency (NYA) related sex education in Great Britain. The Youth Work team of NYA is working on the updated version of Grapevine Game, a sex and relationship resources with the collaboration of Brook, the top rated sexual health...
- What Are Teens Telling Us About Sexual Health? Results of the Second Annual Youth Conference of the Pennsylvania Coalition to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. Fay, Joe; Yanoff, Jay M. // Journal of Sex Education & Therapy;2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2/3, p169
On April 29,1999 the Pennsylvania Coalition to Prevent Teen Pregnancy (PCPTP) held its Second Annual Youth Conference. The conference, held at the State Capitol Building in Harrisburg, PA, was designed to listen to teens and gather detailed information from them about their sexual lives and how...
- RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN BODY SIZE, SOMATOTYPE COMPONENTS AND SEXUAL MATURATION IN ESTONIAN ADOLESCENTS. Veldre, Gudrun; Jürimäe, Toivo // Papers on Anthropology;2003, Vol. 12, p271
The aim of this cross-sectional study was to investigate how body size (height, weight) and somatotype components are linked with sexual maturation in Estonian adolescents. In total, 745 randomly selected 12-15-year-old students (356 boys and 389 girls) from Tartu (about 100,000 inhabitants)...
- CHANGES OVER TIME IN TEENAGE SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS: COMPARING THE HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1950, 1975, AND 2000. Caron, Sandra L.; Moskey, Eilean G. // Adolescence;Fall2002, Vol. 37 Issue 147, p515
Presents a study that investigated the sexual attitudes and experiences in adolescence of individuals who graduated from the same high school in the U.S. Background on the sexual revolution from the 1960s to the 1970s; Analysis of sexual attitudes and beliefs; Implications of the results.
- why we don't have sex. // Dolly;Jan2003, Issue 387, p58
Focuses on a teenage couple who both decided not to have sex until they are married. Reason behind the decision; Influence of religion on the couple's belief towards premarital sex.
- Sexual Initiation Among Adolescent Girls and Boys: Trends and Differentials in Sub-Saharan Africa. Gupta, Neeru; Mahy, Mary // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Feb2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p41
This paper examined trends in adolescent sexual initiation in sub-Saharan Africa, with emphasis on differentials in social determinants across gender and contexts. Data were drawn from Demographic and Health Surveys in 8 countries that had at least 2 surveys conducted approximately 5 years...
- Sexual health of teenagers. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Feb2003, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p146
Reports on the impact of sexual behavior on the health of adolescents in London, England. Rate of births to teenagers; Clinical advice on the use of contraceptives; Importance of genitourinary clinic staff sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Latest and Greatest. Chianta, Melissa // Mothering;Jan/Feb2001, Issue 104, p82
Introduces books on teenagers and sex.