Learning from a Rapid Health Impact Assessment of a proposed maternity service reconfiguration in the English NHS
- In brief. // Practice Nurse;9/4/2009, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p7
This section offers news briefs concerning medical care in Great Britain. Cancer Research UK found that ovarian cancer rates have fallen by almost 20% in a decade. A King's Fund report revealed that new research is needed into the clinical and cost-effectiveness of complementary therapies....
- VIEWSJOIN THE DEBATE. // Pulse;9/8/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 25, p22
The article presents the topics on online debate including the call for 100% Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) thresholds, the rejection of the National Health Service (NHS) Direct, and a search fro new QOF targets.
- A million must march against NHS reforms. Moore, Simon // Pulse;3/16/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses the impact of the reformation of the National Health Service (NHS) to healthcare as gross domestic product (GDP) in Great Britain.
- 'Robin Hood' cuts to PMS. // Pulse;11/24/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 36, p3
The article reports on the Robin Hood-style of redistributing cash from Personal Medical Service (PMS) to General Medical Service (GMS) practices by the Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) of Great Britain.
- Trusts write termination clauses into PMS contracts. Iacobucci, Gareth // Pulse;5/25/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the changes in Personal Medical Services (PMS) contracts in Great Britain wherein managers of the National Health Service (NHS) are creating unlawful variation clauses into the contracts which grant them to terminate PMS contracts whenever general practitioners (GPs)...
- IN BRIEF. // Pulse;5/25/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p7
The article offers news briefs related to medicine and health care in Great Britain including the changes made in the National Health Service's (NHS) complaint procedures, the national guidance on migrant tuberculosis screening, and the use of azithromycin to lower acute exacerbations of chronic...
- NHS is doing more for less, say auditors. Williams, David // Public Finance;11/20/2009, p13
The article discusses the report "More for Less" from the Audit Commission which found that primary care trusts appear to be taking initiatives to increase productivity but they fail to transfer care to the community in Great Britain.
- Meddling and bearing witness. Smith, Jane // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/16/2008, Vol. 337 Issue 7666, p359
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Gwyn Bevan on reforms which have been made to Great Britain's National health Service and another by Rhema Vaithianathan and Geraint Lewis on proposals for independence from the National Health Service.
- Community shift criticised. // Pulse;5/19/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p7
The article focuses on the survey concerning the impact of transforming community services in the National Health Services (NHS) Alliance which discussed by general practitioner Michael Dixon at the Annual Conference of Community in Great Britain.