Doctors' personal health care choices: a cross-sectional survey in a mixed public/private setting
- Mental Health. Gessen, Masha // New Republic;08/28/2000-9/4/2000, Vol. 223 Issue 9/10, p16
Comments on the quality of health and social services in Russia. Assertion on country's similarity of health care to the developing world; Insufficiency of essential drugs in hospitals and clinics which could pose a threat to the health of their patients; Survey on the people with HIV infection...
- Health and Mental Health Problems of Homeless Men and Women in Baltimore. Breakey, William R.; Fischer, Pamela J.; Kramer, Morton; Nestadt, Gerald; Romanoski, Alan J.; Ross, Alan; Royall, Richard M.; Stine, Oscar C. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/8/89, Vol. 262 Issue 10, p1352
Presents a study of homeless people in Baltimore, Maryland which focuses on their health and other characteristics emphasizing their needs for service. Collection of data on sociodemographics and health for both men and women; Revelation of the disaffiliation of the homeless and drug abuse...
- Prescription Drugs And The Changing Concentration Of Health Care Expenditures. Zuvekas, Samuel H.; Cohen, Joel W. // Health Affairs;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p249
Health care expenditures are highly concentrated in the United States, with a small fraction of the population accounting for a large share of total health spending. This concentration has proved remarkably stable over time; however, the degree of concentration has declined over the past decade....
- European active surveillance study of women taking HRT (EURAS-HRT): study protocol [NCT00214903]. Dinger, Juergen C.; Heinemann, Lothar A. J. // BMC Women's Health;2006, Vol. 6, p1
Background: The post marketing safety surveillance program for a drug containing a new chemical entity should assess both, the safety outcomes that relate specifically to the targeted population, as well as those that could potentially be related to special pharmacological characteristics of the...
- Conducting a medicine pricing survey: experience and challenges. Baber, Zaheer Ud-Din; Ibrahim, Mohamed Izham Mohamed // Essential Drugs Monitor;2005, Issue 34, p31
The article identifies some of the challenges and elements of a medicine pricing survey. Conducting a medicine pricing survey is not an easy task. It requires a great deal of time, effort and commitment from a group of people. Good administrative, investigative and analytical abilities with...
- Health Listings. // South Asian Post;7/15/2010, p10
The article lists the physicians and health centers in Canada for the week of July 15-21, 2010 including Hemkund Remedies, Ayurveda Clinic, and Doctor Rowena Rodenas Ballerza.
- National Population Health Survey. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;5/10/2002, p2
Reports on the release of the fourth cycle of the National Health Survey 2000/2001 in Canada. Contents of the survey; Contact information for a copy of the results.
- Health Survey Comparison: Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Seipel, Michael M. O. // Social Development Issues;2012, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p50
This study examines the perception of health care as reported by respondents from Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States over three survey periods. Though their health care systems differ widely from each other, they seem to share some degree of mutual challenges and successes. The...
- How some states rate on the health-o-meter. Montague, Jim; Pitman, Hilarie // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;1/20/96, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p14
States that New Hampshire has topped the list of healthiest states in the nation the second time in a row, according to the 1995 ReliaStar State Health Rankings. Mississippi's rankin; What states are rated on. INSET: The healthiest states..