Does transition from an unstable labour market position to permanent employment protect mental health? Results from a 14-year follow-up of school-leavers
- Unemployment rate 35.9 percent among dropouts. // Compensation & Working Conditions;May2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the unemployment rate among high school dropouts in the U.S. between October 2000 and October 2001. Comparison between White and Hispanic dropouts; Employment of African-American dropouts.
- Jobless Rate Better In Regions, States. Newman, Emify // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p2
Reports on the decline of the unemployment rate in all the four regions of the U.S. Identification of the South as the region with the lowest jobless rate; Percentage of the national unemployment rate in September of 2004; Effect of weather conditions on unemployment rate.
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Dec2002, Issue 12, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in 2002. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Apr2003, Issue 13, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in the year ending May 2003. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- It Can't be Done. Lorimer, George Horace // Saturday Evening Post;1/25/1936, Vol. 208 Issue 30, p22
Focuses on the difficulties and complexities in relieving unemployment rate in the U.S. Projects proposed by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt to make employment; Acceptance of the billion-dollar Relief Act for employment projects by the Administration; Actions made by the government in...
- Jobless rate higher. // OECD Observer;Dec2003, Issue 240, p4
Reports on the increase in jobless rate in OECD countries in September 2003. Percentage of the increase in France and in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Drop 25,000 to 303,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p2
Reports that first-time applications for state unemployment has dropped sharply from 25 thousand to 300 thousand in the week ended November 12, 2005 in Washington.
- News Digest. // Workforce;Jul99, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p22
Presents news briefs related to employment in the United States (US). Increase in the productivity rate of the US; Drop in the US unemployment rate; Ruling of the court on temporary workers at Microsoft Inc.
- Unemployment Uptick In Store. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the open unemployment rate in Mexico for the month of February 2006. Employment rate in Mexico; Increase in maquila employment in January 2006.