An investigation into the prevalence of dog bites to primary school children in Trinidad
- When Dogs Bite Children. // Pediatrics for Parents;2007, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p1
The article cites some examples of when dogs bite children. Based on a four-year study conducted at the University of Pennsylvania, three quarters of the dogs were anxious when left alone by their owners or exposed to loud noises. This result suggests that children under 6 years old are more...
- Prevalence of dog bites in children: a telephone survey. Kahn, André; Robert, E.; Piette, Danièle; De Keuster, Tiny; Lamoureux, Jean; Levêque, Alain // European Journal of Pediatrics;2004, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p424
This article presents a telephonic survey on the prevalence of dog bites in children. A telephone survey was conducted between August and November 2002 in the French-speaking community of Belgium. From an initial anonymous list established by the telephone company Belgacom, the telephone numbers...
- Preventing Dog Bites. // American Family Physician;4/15/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p1573
Presents information on how to prevent dog bites. Advice on purchasing a dog that will not be too aggressive around children; What to tell children about dogs to prevent them from being bitten; How a child should react if approached by a dog; Assertion that dogs bite when they are threatened.
- Nonfatal Dog Bite-Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments--United States, 2001. Gilchrist, J.; Gotsch, K.; Annest, J.L.; Ryan, G. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;7/4/2003, Vol. 52 Issue 26, p605
Reports on nonfatal dog bite-related injuries treated in hospitals emergency departments in the U.S. in 2001. Estimates on the number of persons treated for such injuries; Injury rate in children; Circumstances in which children and adults incurred dog bite-related injuries.
- The Padi Wagon. WALLACE, HANNAH // Sarasota Magazine;Mar2016, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p36
The article focuses on a change in the law of a dog bite in Florida which states mandatory euthanasia for a dog who causes severe injury to a human with reference to an incident of a dog bite in Florida. Topics discussed include severe injury to a child caused by a dog named Padi, argument by...
- Dog attacks: it's time for doctors to bite back. Besser, Rachel // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/24/2007, Vol. 334 Issue 7590, p425
The article presents the physician-author's views on the public health menace caused by dog bites and maulings in the United Kingdom. Dog breeds covered under the 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act are not as troublesome in incidence of attacks as more common bull terriers, Jack Russell terriers, mongrels,...
- Erratum to: The individualisation of a dog bite mark: a case study highlighting the bite mark analysis, with emphasis on differences between dog and human bite marks. Bernitz, Herman; Bernitz, Zephné; Steenkamp, Gerhard; Blumenthal, Ryan; Stols, Gerrit // International Journal of Legal Medicine;Sep2015, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p1187
A correction is presented to article "The individualisation of a dog bite mark: a case study highlighting the bite mark analysis, with emphasis on differences between dog and human bite marks."
- What to Do. // Working Mother;Sep2000, p104
Presents tips on how parents can keep their children safe from dog bites. Teaching the child to ask permission before approaching a strange dog; Loosening a dog's grip.
- Tetanus Following Dog Bite. Radjou, Angeline; Hanifah, Mohamed; Govindaraj, V // Indian Journal of Community Medicine;Jul2012, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p200
The article discusses the case of a 50-year-old agricultural laborer, presented with a history of dog bite and inability to walk since 5 days. The patient was treated with human immunoglobulin 5000 u intravenous and tetanus antigen intramuscular on the opposite limb but he died after 15 days due...