Calculating expected years of life lost for assessing local ethnic disparities in causes of premature death
- Scotland introduces record of ethnicity on death certificates. Christie, Bryan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;1/21/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7840, p6
The article mentions the introduction of record of ethnicity on death certificates in Scotland, the first Great Britain country that gathered data to be used to learn more about important health differences between different groups.
- Migration, Ethnicity, Race, and Health in Multicultural Societies. // Cancer Nursing Practice;Apr2014, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p10
No abstract available.
- Cultural conflict impacts on MDGs. // Australian Nursing Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p19
The article reports on a speech given to the United Nations Alliance of Civilisations in 2011 by Fethi Mansouri of Deakin University, in which he indicated that cultural diversity and multiculturalism should be key economic factors in the United Nations' Millenium Development Goals.
- GEOGRAPHY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Chad;10/14/2010, p3
This article offers information on the geographical characteristics and people of Chad. Located in north central Africa, Chad has a population of one million people. The capital city of N'Djamen represents the country's ethnic and cultural diversity. Chad is divided into four bioclimatic zones....
- The Counseling Profession's Commitment to Diversity-Sensitive Counseling: A Critical Reassessment. Weinrach, Stephen G.; Thomas, Kenneth R. // Journal of Counseling & Development;May/Jun96, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p472
The authors pose questions in this article that are intended to stimulate more effective strategies to ensure gender racial, and ethnic diversity in the counseling profession. The first question addresses the implications of between-group versus within group differences for the counseling...
- ETHNIC PLURALISM IN AN URBAN SETTING: OVERVIEW OF A CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECT. Raymond Breton, P.; Kalbach, Warren E.; Isajiw, Waevolod; Reitz, Jeffrey G. // Canadian Studies in Population;1977, Vol. 4, p97
The article presents information about a research on ethnic pluralism in an urban setting at University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario. It examines determinants and consequences of ethnic diversity in the Toronto metropolitan areas. It further adds that the study as four sub-projects; ethnicity...
- A local analysis of ethnic group population trends and projections for the UK. Rees, P.; Wohland, P.; Norman, P.; Boden, P. // Journal of Population Research;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2/3, p149
Projections of the UK's ethnic populations from 2001 to 2051 show significant future change. Groups outside the White British majority will increase in size and share, not only in core areas but throughout the country. Ethnic minorities will shift out of deprived local authorities and into less...
- Howard faces ethnic test. Fray, Peter // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/28/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5959, p44
Discusses efforts to create a multicultural legislation in Australia. Liberal Party leader John Joward's support of multiculturalism; Efforts of the Federation of Ethnic Communities Council of Australia to introduce a charter for multiculturalism; Previous efforts to forward the interest of...
- CHAPTER 25: AMERICANS ALL. Rayson, Ann; Bauer, Helen // Hawaii: The Pacific State;1997, p111
The article provides information on cultural pluralism in Hawaii. Hawaii is an ethnic melting pot, for it has been settled by people of many nations, although most of them came from the Pacific and Asia, not Europe. Many of them have married those of other nationalities. Hawaii has the highest...