Surveillance study of vector species on board passenger ships, risk factors related to infestations
- BIOLOGICAL CONTROL OF THE BLATELLA GEREMANICA WITH BEAUVERIA BASSIANA AND LECANICILLIUM MUSCARIUM. Khodaveisi, Sadegh; Davari, Behroz; Ala, Farzad; Javan, Khorosh; Abdolmalaki, Noshin // Jundishapur Journal of Microbiology;2013 Special Edition, p39
Introduction and Objectives: Lecanicillium muscarium and Beauveria bassiana grow naturally in soils throughout the world and acts as a parasite on various arthropod species, causing white muscardine disease; thus belongs to the entomopathogenic fungi. This study evaluates the entomopathogenic...
- German cockroach. // Pest Control;Oct97, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p98
Describes Blattella germanica, more commonly known as German cockroach. Biology and behavior; Control of German cockroach infestation; Reproduction environments.
- Can scientific research help control German roaches? Pinto, Larry // Pest Control;Oct96, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on research efforts to control German cockroaches or Blatella germanica. Review of existing studies on German cockroaches; Nature of the pest; Implications of research findings.
- A conceptual look at the pest control arms race. Bieman, Donald // Pest Control;Oct98, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p32
Explores German cockroaches control based on Darwinian pest management (DPM). German cockroaches' resistance to insecticides; Brief history of the Darwinian method; Implications for humans.
- Rethinking roach bait. Heinsohn, C. Kathleen // Pest Control;Jan2003, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on ways on how to bait German cockroach. Resistance of cockroach to pesticides; Occurrence of bacterial resistance in the medical community; Factors to consider in baiting cockroaches.
- German cockroach. // Pest Control;Sep97, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p55
Describes the behavior and control of German cockroach. Reproduction cycle; Use of traps in a detailed manner to find all the scattered harborage locations of the cockroach; Insecticide resistance of other strains of cockroaches; Effectiveness of crack and crevice treatments; Use of cockroach...
- Providing a balanced diet for German cockroaches. Kells, Stephen; Bennett, Gary // Pest Control;Jul98, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p34
Presents information on a baiting program for controlling German cockroaches. Food items that might be available to German cockroaches; Steps to be considered in order to take advantage of the results in the baiting program.
- Roach research provides information for the future. Richman, Dina; Branscome, Deanna; McCoy, Tim; Miller, Dini // Pest Control;Jul98, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p44
Presents brief descriptions of the projects conducted by four entomology students at the University of Florida regarding the study of German cockroaches. Information on the use of synergized heat as a pesticide alternative; Investigation on the bacterial fauna found in association with German...
- Here's what I would do...solutions... // Pest Control;Jul97, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p56
Presents answers to an inquiry on how to control German cockroaches in a veterinary clinic in the United States. Disease carried by cockroaches; Location of all cockroach harborages; Basic sanitation measures; Need for animal feed storage by localized in one area.