SWITCH: rationale, design, and implementation of a community, school, and family-based intervention to modify behaviors related to childhood obesity
- A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW TO DETERMINE RELIABILITY AND USEFULNESS OF THE FIELD-BASED TEST BATTERIES FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF PHYSICAL FITNESS IN ADOLESCENTS â€“ THE ASSO PROJECT. BIANCO, ANTONINO; JEMNI, MONÉM; THOMAS, EWAN; PATTI, ANTONINO; PAOLI, ANTONIO; RAMOS ROQUE, JOANA; PALMA, ANTONIO; MAMMINA, CATERINA; TABACCHI, GARDEN // International Journal of Occupational Medicine & Environmental H;2015, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p445
The aim of the present review is to investigate the main field-based tests, used alone or included in sport or fitness batteries, for the assessment of health- and skill-related physical fitness components in adolescents. Different scientific databases were searched through using the selected...
- Teenagers need better holiday activities. Heara, Barbara // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;5/11/2010, p31
In this article the author discusses the significance of holiday activities for teenagers.
- Get with the program that's right for you. Gard, Carolyn // Current Health 2;Feb97, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p22
Enumerates physical fitness activities for teenagers. Advice on how to get started into an activity; Strength training and weight lifting; Swimming.
- Adolescents Let Physical Activity Slide After Seventh Grade. // O&P Business News;9/15/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p62
The article reports on a study which reveals that adolescents lost their interest in physical activity once they reached the ninth grade. It shows that 50% of girls and 30% of boys from a participation of 94% lost interest in physical activity at the end of high school. It states that habits of...
- A Schematic for Focusing on Youth in Investigations of Community Design and Physical Activity. Krizek, Kevin J.; Birnbaum, Amanda S.; Levinson, David M. // American Journal of Health Promotion;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p33
This paper provides a first step in addressing special considerations for youth in a relatively new area of physical activity re- search. After reviewing the urgent need for novel approaches to increasing physical activity, the growing interest in the effects of community design are discussed....
- Stages of Exercise Change and Screen Time in Adolescents. Sas-Nowosielski, Krzysztof; Ogrodnik, Joanna // New Educational Review;2012, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p281
The research was focused on determination if persons at various stages of motivational readiness for leisure physical activity differ by the length of time spent in front of a TV/PC computer screen and attitudes towards such entertainment. Subject to research were 139 high school students aged...
- Cable Takes On Youth Obesity. Bodenheimer, George // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p85
Describes a program and materials developed by ESPN to help address the problem of obesity and the decline of physical activity among U.S. youth. Play Your Way youth fitness initiative; Web site that highlights physically active games for children.
- Program has kids focused on fitness. Jurek, Ken // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the opening of the Rzepka Youthfitness Center at the Mandel Cleveland Jewish Community Center in Cleveland, Ohio, intended to promote physical fitness for the youth. Cost of constructing the physical fitness center; Facilities and amenities available to program participants; Business...
- REFLECTIONS FROM THE PAST -- HOPE FOR THE FUTURE. Robbins, Stuart G. // Physical & Health Education Journal;Winter2004, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p38
The article presents the author's reflections on the promotion of health and physical fitness among youth in Canada. Factors that prompted the author to take part in health promotion programs and activities are revealed. The financial advantage of increasing the amount of physical activity in...