A survey of local health promotion initiatives for older people in Wales
- A Study of Some Aspects of Health Matters: Based on Recent Trends in Exercise Habits. Inoue, Ken; Masamichi Nishimura; Yoshitsugu Fujita // International Medical Journal;Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p417
Introduction, and Materials and Methods: Studies of health matters in Japan and overseas should be conducted from a number of perspectives. The current report studied "the proportion of individuals who exercise" in Japan from 2007 to 2009, and this report also discusses particulars relating to...
- Results from the Active Healthy Kids Canada 2011 Report Card on Physical Activity for Children and Youth. Barnes, Joel D.; Colley, Rachel C.; Tremblay, Mark S. // Applied Physiology, Nutrition & Metabolism;Aug2012, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p793
The Active Healthy Kids Canada 2011 Report Card on Physical Activity for Children and Youth assesses how Canada is doing as a country at promoting and facilitating physical activity opportunities for children and youth. The aim of this brief communication is to provide a summary of the results....
- Inclusive Physical Activity: Promoting Health for a Lifetime 2nd ed. (2013). // Palaestra;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p58
No abstract available.
- Toronto Charter launches a Global Call for Action. // Active Living;May2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the launch of the Toronto Charter for Physical Activity: A Global Call for Action during the 3rd International Congress for Physical Activity and Health in Toronto, Ontario on May 8, 2010.
- Book review. // Applied Physiology, Nutrition & Metabolism;Aug2013, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p910
The article reviews the book "Inclusive Physical Activity: Promoting Health for a Lifetime" second edition, edited by S. L. Kasser and R. K. Lytle.
- Are interventions to promote physical activity in children a waste of time? Hamer, Mark; Fisher, Abigail // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/29/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7876, p9
The author highlights the issue of sudden decline in physical activity levels from childhood to adolescence by citing statistics from Health Survey for England. A meta-analysis by Metcalf and colleagues used accelerometry devices to identify most effective type of intervention to encourage...
- CindySays…. // State Journal (WV);2/18/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p38
The article offers several simple rules to follow to achieve a healthy and sexy body such as eating clean and limiting restaurant visits.
- B.C. shows the way in funding alliance with ParticipACTION. // Active Living;May2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the partnership of British Columbia with ParticipACTION in which the province invested 6-million-dollar to the alliance to help promote healthy living and physical activity in the area.
- NEWS IN BRIEF: MAINE. // Advocate;4/7/92, Issue 600, p25
Reports that the distribution of condoms was banned at the Kennebuck High School in Maine on March 2, 1992, a week after AIDS activists distributed prophylactics and safe-sex information on school grounds.