The positive association between number of children and obesity in Iranian women and men: results from the National Health Survey
- Educational Level, Obesity and Incidence of Diabetes among Chinese Adult Men and Women Aged 18â€“59 Years Old: An 11-Year Follow-Up Study. Shang, Xianwen; Li, Jiongyi; Tao, Qiushan; Li, Jing; Li, Xi; Zhang, Lihua; Liu, Xiancheng; Wang, Qing; Shi, Xiuzhong; Zhao, Yuhong; Hu, Shuang; Jiang, Lixin; Yang, Ying // PLoS ONE;Jun2013, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1
Objective: To determine whether educational level and overweight/obesity was associated with the development of diabetes among Chinese adult men and women. Methods: A cohort (2000â€“2011) of 10 704 participants aged 18â€“59 years (8 238 men, 2 466 women) in Qingdao Port Health Study...
- The abilities of new anthropometric indices in identifying cardiometabolic abnormalities, and influence of residence area and lifestyle on these anthropometric indices in a Chinese community-dwelling population. Shihui Fu; Leiming Luo; Ping Ye; Yuan Liu; Bing Zhu; Yongyi Bai; Jie Bai // Clinical Interventions in Aging;2014, Vol. 9, p179
Objective: The study aimed to investigate the prevalence of overweight, obesity, and cardiometabolic abnormalities, the influence of residence area, occupation, and lifestyle on new anthropometric indices, and the relationship between anthropometric indices and cardiometabolic abnormalities in a...
- Women 3 times prone to obesity than men. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;8/3/2015, p41
The article focuses on a study published in the "International Journal of Public Health" which revealed that women are more prone to develop obesity than men.
- Education Modifies the Association of Wealth with Obesity in Women in Middle-Income but Not Low-Income Countries: An Interaction Study Using Seven National Datasets, 2005-2010. Aitsi-Selmi, Amina; Bell, Ruth; Shipley, Martin J.; Marmot, Michael G. // PLoS ONE;Mar2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Background: Education and wealth may have different associations with female obesity but this has not been investigated in detail outside high-income countries. This study examines the separate and inter-related associations of education and household wealth in relation to obesity in women in a...
- Lifesaver: Postdelivery comfort. Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Dec93, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p62
Presents ways to lessen the soreness of vaginal and rectal areas after giving birth. Sitting in a tub with warm water; Sitting sideways on the toilet; Tightening of buttocks when sitting.
- Peaks of love after giving birth. Kleiner, Ellen // Mothering;Fall94, Issue 72, p22
States that the hormone oxytocin is the cause of the uterus' contraction while giving birth. November 15, 1993 issue of `Boston Globe' as article's source; Greatest peak of oxytocin during the half hour before a mother gives birth; Release of endorphins.
- The fourth trimester. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct94, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p44
Discusses the various aspects of childbirth. Recovery from childbirth; Symptoms common among women who had just given birth; Postpartum discomfort related to sexual function; Advice to new mothers on how to cope with childbirth.
- Predictors of Ectopic Fat Accumulation in Liver and Pancreas in Obese Men and Women. Rossi, Andrea P.; Fantin, Francesco; Zamboni, Giulia A.; Mazzali, Gloria; Rinaldi, Caterina A.; Del Giglio, Micol; Di Francesco, Vincenzo; Barillari, Marco; Pozzi Mucelli, Roberto; Zamboni, Mauro // Obesity (19307381);Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p1747
The aim of the present study was to determine the relationship between body fat distribution, adipocytokines, inflammatory markers, fat intake and ectopic fat content of liver and pancreas in obese men and women. A total of 12 lean subjects (mean age 47.25 ï¿½ 14.88 years and mean BMI 22.85...
- Patterns of Obesity Among Men and Women In Rhode Island In 2007. Risica, Patricia Markham; Hesser, Jana; Yongwen Jiang; Taylor, Kathleen // Medicine & Health Rhode Island;Dec2009, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p420
The article discusses male and female obesity rates in Rhode Island as of 2007. It notes that there is a significant increase in overweight adults in Rhode Island and in the U.S. which have huge implications on associated diseases, health care costs, and loss of productivity. It defines...