Banks Spice Up Canwest, Styron Loans
- Banks Arrange $720M CF for Allscripts. // Bank Loan Report;6/14/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p2
The article offers information on developments related to the financial services sector in the U.S. Rabobank has backed the acquisition of Consolidated Biscuits Co. and Golden Temple's cereal division by Heartside Food Solutions which is said to be worth 245 million dollars. Two term loans for...
- Styron's $1.3B Dividend TL Aims for Par. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;1/31/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the syndication of the term loan for Styron Corp. for its dividend recapitalization at par.
- Once again the Herald defames its subscribers. McFeely, Tom // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/17/94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p35
Contends that the Southam-owned `Calgary Herald' routinely displays illogic and contempt for Calgarians. Editorial on 1994's designation as the International Year of the Family; The `Herald's' expanded definition of `family' and campaign to debase the traditional family; Why Calgary's vitality...
- Global pushes to create Canada's 3rd network. Ingrassia, Joanne // Electronic Media;7/15/96, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p6
Reports on CanWest Global Communications Corp.'s efforts to become Canada's third broadcast network. Growth of Global's national reach upon approval of its applications for four stations; Estimated startup costs for the stations; Alberta market as a key point of contention.
- CanWest: Up foreign ownership. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter;1/10/95, Vol. 335 Issue 27, pI-5
Reports on CanWest Global Communications Corp.'s appeal to the government to increase the percentage of allowed foreign ownership of domestic broadcasters in Canada. Benefits of increased foreign ownership; CanWest Global chief executive officer Izzy Asper's comments.
- `Balanced' coverage, Southam-style. McFeely, Tom // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;10/11/93, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p11
Examines charges that the `Calgary Herald' is biased against the Reform party. Front-page `Herald' story suggesting Calgary Centre Reform candidate Jim Silye had endorsed the Ku Klux Klan; What Silye really said; Editorial by Catherine Ford.
- CanWest inks Quebec affil. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter;7/18/95, Vol. 338 Issue 6, pI-5
Reports that CanWest Global Communications Corp. has signed an affiliate agreement with Telemetropole Inc. of Montreal in a move towards becoming a full-fledged national broadcaster.
- Rushes. // Hollywood Reporter;11/8/95, Vol. 339 Issue 38, p8
Reports on CanWest Global Communications Corp.'s plan to sell its 25% stake in Talk Rado UK Ltd.
- The bogus editorial voice in Canada. Kushner, Adam B. // Masthead;Summer2002, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p22
Describes how CanWest Global Communications Corp. controls the editorials published in the Southam newspaper in Canada. Policy of the company regarding the publication of editorials in the newspaper; Response of reporters in Canada to their diminished autonomy; Attitude of conglomerates in the...