Moody's: Default Rate Fell to 7.5% in May
- Moody's: Default Rate Eases in May. Sheahan, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/14/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p19
The article deals with a Moody's Investors Service report which revealed that the global speculative-grade bond default rate has declined to 7.5% in May 2010 from 9% in April 2010.
- Moody's: PIK Defaults Double Normal Rate. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/13/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p16
The article reports on a study published by Moody's Investors Service which revealed that PIK Toggle notes defaulted at almost double the normal rate in 2009.
- Moody's Default Rate Falls to 2.3%. // High Yield Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the decline in Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s global speculative-grade default rate in August 2004. Projected decline in the default rate in the near-term; Corporate bond issuers that defaulted as of the month.
- Speculative-Bond Default Rate Declines. // American Banker;8/14/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 156, p20
Moody's Investors Service Inc. said Wednesday that the global default rate on speculative-grade corporate bonds fell to 5.8% in July, from 6% in June. Nine defaults occurred last month, on a total of $8.7 billion of debt, Moody's said. July's largest defaults resulted from U.S. bankruptcies,...
- Moody's: Default Rates Declined in January. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;2/17/2014, p15
The article reports that bond credit rating business Moody's Investors Service Inc. has forecasted defaults on leveraged loans and high-yield bonds to remain low in 2014 with a 2.3% rate in the U.S. and 1.9% in Europe.
- Small Field of Special Servicers Poses Risk in Rental Deals. Ossa, Felipe // Structuredfinancenews.com;9/9/2015, p4
The article reports on the decision of financial services firm Moody's Investors Service to flag a risk in bonds backed by single-family rentals. Topics mentioned include capacity of financial services groups Midland Loan Services and Situ Holdings to handle defaults among the deals that are...
- Moody's: Default Rate Nears Peak. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/9/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p13
The article focuses on a report issued by Moody's Investors Service regarding a 12.4% increase in the 12-month global speculative-grade bond default in October 2009. The agency also predicts that the global speculative-grade rate will rise to 12.5% in November 2009 and will decline until it...
- Moody's: Second Puerto Rico Default Looms. // Bond Buyer;11/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
Moody's Investors Service issued a short report stating that Puerto Rico (rated Caa3/negative outlook) is likely to default on some of its Dec. 1 debt service payments as its liquidity pressure grows.
- Bond Defaults Expected To Rise in 2000. Conrad, Lee // Private Placement Letter;04/17/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p1
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has called for a decided increase in the default rate of bonds in the United States in the year 2000. Projection on the rate of defaulters; Comments by David Hamilton, an analyst at Moody's risk management services, on arguments supporting the view of a...