Committee Says No to Disclosure Rule
- Lenders Concerned About Chapter 11 Reform. A. B. // Leveraged Finance News;11/19/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 44, p1
The article reports on the implications of the efforts of the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) to reform corporate bankruptcy process on secured creditors' rights. It states that the Institute is looking to reorganize business debtors and preserve value for creditors. Elliot Ganz of Loan...
- Bondholders Try to Wreck Chemtura's DIP. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;5/4/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p13
The article focuses on the opposition expressed by chemical company Chemtura's senior unsecured bondholders over its plan to secure debtor-in-possession (DIP) loan worth 400 million U.S. dollars. However, the DIP was still approved by a judge, days after the bondholders filed legal documents...
- Disclosure Costs, Regulation, and the Expansion of the Private-Placement Market. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Winter95, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p40
The article presents disclosure costs, regulation and the expansion of the private-placement market. The 1980s have gone down in financial history as the decade of debt and indebtedness. They saw a sharp increase in the average leverage ratio in American corporations. Privately placed debt...
- Mexican corporate deals draw more HY investors. Wirz, Matt; Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;11/15/99, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p1
Reports on corporate debt issues launched by several corporations in Mexico as of November 15, 1999.
- YTD US High Yield Corporate Debt (2001/2002). // High Yield Report;10/7/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p10
Presents information on the high-yield corporate debt market as of September 30, 2002.
- Mezzanine Debt Still Favored in Europe. Burns, Mairin // Private Placement Letter;2/5/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the use of mezzanine debt in capital structures of corporations in the high-yield market in Europe.
- ACA gives mandate to CSFB for SF CDO in first half. Graubard, David // Private Placement Letter;2/18/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the plan of ACA Management to issue an arbitrage cashflow structured finance corporate debt obligations to be managed by Credit Suisse First Boston.
- The Timing of Debt Issuance and Rating Migrations: Theory and Evidence Covitz, Daniel M.; Harrison, Paul // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;1999, p1
This paper investigates the timing of debt issuance and rating migration. The authors develop and test a recursive model of debt issuance and rating migration. They examine a signaling game with firms that have private information about their probability distribution of future rating...
- Debt Underwriting Up Sharply in 2Q; Junk Bonds Soar. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;7/3/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 127, p2
Reports on the rise in corporate bond underwriting activity in the United Stated during the second quarter of 2001, amid weakness throughout the capital markets. Total proceeds of U.S. corporate debt underwriting for the period; High-yield corporate bond underwriting volume; Trend toward a...